cholesterol

You mean like everyone else here?

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Page 72,

"The Marx with better intuition is clearly Groucho."

A couple of other books you can add to your never-never-read list are

and

But by all means read and trust all of

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

I figure that my body knows what it wants. But it can be fooled by chemical engineers with test kitchens who design stuff that over-stimulates natural appetites, so read the labels.

I've been on Social Security for some time now, and spend some of the money on ski gear and lift tickets. The food at Sugar Bowl is actually pretty good.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

My wife, a speech pathologist, sees an occasional austistic kid whose food demands are so narrow that they get severe deficiencies.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I ride my bike several miles a day and I am talking about pressing it, not coasting along. I also shoot pool and can run off an entire rack in less than a minute and a half. Hell I can bank every shot! Even as my eyes get a bit worse. Experience counts for a lot with humans.

'crotchety'? I'll put what's in my crotchet right in her cachet, once I find her. :-)

Looks to me as if the number is only a few and one does not even know if one is included in the set.

I know that I am not. I do not fit into your boxes.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

We have an occasional Japanese visitor who wants sushi when we take him to lunch. He says it's so much better here, and he can't afford it in Japan anyhow.

It's probably a tribal advantage for most people, farmers and soldiers, to do and believe what their leaders tell them.

Also to do and believe whatever their neighbors do. That is an interesting dynamic. Given normal distributions of behavior, this believe-your-peers thing has interesting dynamics that could separate the population into bimodal distributions.

Past myth, too. Some traditional behaviors are very unhealthy.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

Martin Brown wrote in news:qp92j2$nf6$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Well, one simply needs to have NOT been hypnotized over the decades.

Hemp seed is second only to soy in protein content. It has the best micronutrients in it.

It is a bit overpriced at $10 a pound, but so is meat, if one were to ask me.

The best thing about it is that it can be used in other food preparations and only serves to improve one's selected diet choices.

We could feed the unfed masses of the world (or some at least) if we would simply embrace hemp and cannabis.

Oh and the seeds taste good too! Hemp butter is great!

As to embracing cannabis, there are several places where it would help. Here is one example:

Instead of trying to quit smoking tobacco by way of patches or vape devices which continue to imbue nicotine on one, cannabis provides a cure without nicotine.

I had "spots" as a child, which was a vitamin D deficiency. Because of the spots, I was not able to get a smallpox vaccine as I would have contracted the disease and died. My brother and sister were also not able to get it as they would have passed it to me. After I got the vitamins, the spots went away. They looked like goose flesh.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Martin Brown wrote in news:qp90lu$e8l$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

There was a study done in San Diego where a testing lab fed a group of test animals half the diet the normal groups got fed. The animals lived nearly twice as long as the heavily (normally) fed group.

I cut my diet to two, then one meal a day after that study came out, but had to change that due to low blood sugar moments. So I eat that one meal a day spread out over two or three small meals. The point being that I have significantly reduced my diet as a result and I do not do binge (as much) any more. Still gotta havva pizza reeyya every now and then.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Just stir in a couple tablespoons of hemp seed (hearts) and...

waaaaa laaaa V O I L A' !

Hehehehe...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Read it in college well over 20 years ago, also its counterpoint:

The opinions of the humble masses taken in aggregate are often quite good

I avoid books on engineering topics with the words "magic" or "guru" or suchlike in the title

Reply to
bitrex

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Most folks are unable to process long chain triglycerides. They get stored as fat.

Most body building regimens involve removal of all long chain triglyceride sources from one's diet as they are the ones that get stored and produce fat cells.

We also have a hard time gfeting rid of them once they are established.

All folks thinking they can get rid of layers of lard that took decades to form in a few weeks of TV diet time are idiots.

Grow some weed in your back yard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I don't need artificial hallucinogens. I'm naturally crazy enough.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Weed is not a hallucinogen, unlike the hypnotic propaganda drug the lame segment of society bent your brain with.

It would, decidedly, calm your lame ass, most likely.

The chance that you are one of the 1 in 100 idiots unable to handle the initial paranoia is low... Oh wait... maybe not.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sad case. Best to ignore him.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Why would I want to be calmed? I'm hyperactive for fun and profit.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You are such the honorable man. NOT!

More like Trumpesque characterless bastard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Your hyperactive ass is fine.

It would calm your LAME ass, which comprises 95% of you.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Thought I'd best point out for the benefit of our British readers that John is *not* sponging off the state, which is what his chosen form of phrasing unfortunately implies to UK readers.

Cursitor Doom

You are equally sad. You curse and shriek at everyone about everything.

Probably all that weed you smoke makes you paranoid.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's curious how so many of Bill's comments nowadays are just his personal slant on what other posters here have said. Nearly all begin with "X seems to believe...." or "X seems to think..." or "X's beliefs are mistakenly based on..." It is just so weird. And hardly ever does he contribute anything electronic-related any more. :-(

Cursitor Doom