Cat6A pairs

You are wrong.

Your brain is causing a reflection. It reflects your IQ as being 20.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Differential means an inverted signal is on one wire, not ground. If the pairs are not twisted there is probably no advantage to making it differential.

No reflection on IQ, honestly, but on maturity and sanity, yes.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Oh, and, just in case that quip was meant to be apt, reflections are not remedied by or relevant to differential signals.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Differential signaling works fine on flat ribbon cable, LVDS or diff PECL. The best pattern is GND SIG+ SIG- GND etc.

Oh, there certainly is an advantage to both, independently.

Reply to
krw

No, AlwaysWrong, you are *always* wrong. This is no exception. Differential means the signal is composed of two opposite levels; a positive and negative active component signal. A positive and ground, while useful, don't cut it as "differential"; the receiver is still "single-ended", not differential.

Again, you're AlwaysWrong but you knew that.

Reply to
krw

He is a good candidate for source termination.

If only his mother knew...

Reply to
krw

Yes, and both are evacuated here on a daily basis. From where I sit, I can't tell the difference between them.

Reply to
JW

That's because your problem is that you ARE SHIT. So "where you sit" doesn't matter because what you are sitting on is the same thing that you are. We cannot tell the difference between YOU and the rest of the shit here, regardless of who you think is spewing it, s*****ad.

I'd bet I was working with signal line terminations before you were too, s*****ad.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers
[FLUSH!]

Try using your toilet to crap in. You've left Usenet overflowing.

Reply to
JW

A signal changes. Ground doesn't. That sounds like a "difference."

This is a signal and ground:

0100100111010110 0000000000000000

This is a differential signal:

0100100111010110 1011011000101001

Although it is not a balanced line since it isn't at 1 exactly 50% of the time. It would take more thought to construct a valid sequence for that. Maybe someone can add to that since I don't have a complete and clear memory of what a balanced line is.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

messing up a 10-base-2 LAN doesn't count.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Larkin is pushing 70!?

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

The same thing happens on an 80 conductor cable where the signals all act like they are encapsulated in grounded (read shielded) "trenches".

Kind of hard to inject into the next line over when that next line is ground.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

I am not as old as you are, but I do understand properly, simple concepts like 'vapor phase' cleansing processes.

You can't even get that simple process down... at all.

And I never worked for 85 cents an hour.

I think GE paid around $1.50 an hour at that time.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

You are a retard, not a punster. Go back to your pathetic, dirty circuit assemblies.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

But not transmission lines. You probably took offense at "series termination" because you'd never heard the term.

It works fine. We've cleaned maybe 20 million dollars worth of boards with that machine.

This was in New Orleans, at a small college, and I was about 15. I didn't expect to be paid at all.

You didn't use the term, dipshit.

You said "source" termination. And I do know the difference and am familiar with the nomenclature.

You, however, cannot even remember from what day to the next, what spew comes forth from your pea brain.

Fuck off, child.