Analog Devices, History of OpAmps

I ran across this History of OpAmps. Thought some might find it interesting. From tubes to ~ 1990.

Mikek

PS. I was looking for info on a Analog devices 118A that I have. Closest I came was the 118.

Page 30

Reply to
amdx

The historical origins are rather short and incomplete. Fleming is mentioned, but NOT Cy Ellwell (the Baby Bird has no clue..).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I am quite sure that advances have been made since '91.

Reply to
MrTallyman

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

It's rigged to ADI. One of my early OpAmps, the MC1530/31 is still being sold, yet nary a mention in that "history". ...Jim Thompson

..and that comment relates to Cy Ellwell HOW?

Reply to
Robert Baer