Calculate PSS of CMOS inverter

How to calculate the PSS (power supply sensitivity) for a CMOS inverter? I'm struggling a bit because I do not get meaningful result values.

Let explain what I have. I have the following transistor parameters from a simulation result.

High-side PMOS: rds2 = 11.67k gm2 = 879.4 uS

Low-side NMOS: rds1= 20.35k gm1 = 1.659 mS

With that I want to calculate the PSS. I created the small signal equivalent as shown in the image:

With that I calculate the PSRR:

PSS = dVout / dVdd

For doing that I took Kirchhoff's law.

dVout = UR1 = IR1 * R1

IR2 - IR1 - gm2 * Vgs2

In small signal equivalent Vgs2 is dVDD.

IR1 = IR2 - gm2 * dVdd

IR2 = (dVdd - UR1) / R2 IR2 = (dVdd - dVout) / R2

This can be inserted in the equation before:

dVout = ((dVdd - dVout) / R2 - gm2 * dVdd) * R1

dVout/dVdd = (R1/R2 - gm2 * R1) / (1 + R1/R2)

Inserting now the number values from above unfortunately yields a negative result which can't be true.

PSS = -5.8859

Can somebody please help me to do it the right way?

Thanks in advance! Martin

Reply to
Martin Gruber

Kids returned to school!