BIOS problem

e:

er binding,

with 10 as maximum:

=A07

showing.

not give support: ZERO or -1

that bug was fixed later, but I left Suse.

l.org(Debianbased), (I had tried Debian too of course, could not really get= used to apt-get and stuff).

and libs, and also the kernel.

Chinese) IIRC, many more.

t is less intrusive.

I need by hand.

s it a nuisance for experts.

pecial, as I always do.

ou buy new hardware,

.

d for.

s a bit of a special situation.

Google turns up PCB programs, but I don't have first hand experience with the current crop. Since board making is getting so cheap, checking them out is on the list.

for starters. Personally, I found the LTC spice/schematic capture so much easier to use than any of the linux software. You just have to hack it a bit to make it work outside of what LTC probably excepted it's customers to do.

The real key to any of the linux cad tools is are they being maintained. Open source projects come and go. Even something popular like GIMP is maintained by two people. No wonder it never got into 16 bit per color code. They could barely keep the old software going. Cinepaint handles more bits. I can say I never got it to compile, and I've compiled plenty of code. Fortunately there is a repository version.

Incidentally, there are a few podcasts on linux, but none that deals with electronics and linux to my knowledge. The Linux Outlaws can be entertaining, though be warned there is lots of cussing. The German guy is into Fedora and the British guy is into CENTos and dabbles in Ubuntu. They go over new distributions every week, but you can just go here to see what is new:

I find it more useful for things like Clonezilla.

I was alerted to this by the Linux Outlaws:

It is a linux that fits on a thumb drive and is designed to leave no traces on the host machine. Hence Lightweight (fits on thumb drive), Portable (usb) and Secure. It is worth an hour of your time to fiddle with it. They even set it up to work with smartcards.

Reply to
miso

PB > You would do well to heed the PB > opinions of your betters, Nymbecile. PB >

PB > You might be less inclined to show yourself PB > up as the utter imbecile you are.

John > It's *way* too late for that, PB.

LOL

Reply to
Greegor

Damn! The same problem carries through to big computers like a VME chassis or such. Just plug and play.

You ARE a total retard, John.

A PC AND the parts one would be putting into it ARE designed to work together, and ARE designed for assembly ease.

Only a retarded f*ck like you would complicate a system designed by men for men to use.

Therefore, you must simply be a little girl. You sure act like one often enough.

And your retarded remarks about teenagers makes me wonder how a retarded f*ck like you ever raised a child at all.

$49 to put together a PC is ludicrous, and only pathetic losers buy a PC and pay for assembly.

If you buy a PC, idiot, you buy it already assembled, or you are an even bigger idiot than originally determined by your pussified behavior thus far.

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

snipped retarded remarks about folks that likely know more than Johnny boy does.

I JTAG'd my router last year. I researched the need, I got the parts, I soldered them onto the board, and I reprogrammed the router.

You are an absolute retard.

That gaming crowd you are so retarded about (imagine that) can likely run circles around you in the digital realm. They are the kids that hack the dongles, and hack the software, and hack the motherboards of the game consoles.

If you were any more stupid, I'd compare you to John Larkin.

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

I work with cards that cost $30k and more.

I make the fastest gateways on the planet, and their record will not be being broken for several years, considering what the gear in a single gateway costs, much less several hundreds tons of gear in several gateways positioned in several cities around the world.

All the happy EUTELSAT customers can thank us for making their hooks fast and tight.

Asswipes like you, Williams, don't even come close.

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

Yet you cannot figure out a cable modem enough to keep it from latching up on a daily basis.

What an extreme dork you are.

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

I was around back when 8250 and the 16550 were huge DIP packages.

You're an idiot.

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

You are also a statistical total retard as well.

WHo gives a fat flying f*ck what you like?

Ubuntu is just another distro. I have run several different distros on several different platforms. Hell, I have run no less than 4 different flavors on my PS3 CELL processed Power PC based system.

You fucktards are rookies.

Reply to
FatBytestard

...and that's your substitute for sex.

You make the fastest toilets, perhaps.

There is nothing about you that's either fast or tight, DimBulb.

Well, I'm not AlwaysWrong, no.

Reply to
krw

I have no way of knowing what's inside a cable modem; I didn't design it. All you have suggested is that I complain to the cable company.

And it doesn't latch "on a daily basis." It hangs up, on average, maybe once a month or so.

Show us something you've designed.

John

He can't since it plugged up the toilet. If he actually had a job he would brag about the place, and tell us where he worked.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Seems like someone with half a brain could build a little module that watched for activity... no packet activity over a few seconds, reboot the modem. ...Jim Thompson

Maybe use a 555 timer ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

Show us.

John

More like a minute, unless you have a program that is constantly accessing the internet. Even my Sanyo Internet radio can buffer 30 seconds between accesses, if there is net congestion.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or a watchdog timer IC if you want to get fancy.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sure, but how many 555 timers does it take to make a tcp/ip packet sniffer?

John

latching

How creative are you? :)