BIOS problem

We festoon our boards with LEDs. Each CPU has one, and every FPGA has a "configured" LED. We leave them on all the boards.

These chips have ethernet macs, but we used SPI, over Analog Devices logic isolators. There's no software stack, just a simple state machine that pumps binary data in and out of the SPI fifo's. All the real work is done in an IRQ that's tripped by the continuous-running onchip mux'd ADC at 100 KHz. These $4 ARM chips are complex, but work like a charm once you get them figured out.

Yes, all 12 channels do the same thing. Wanna see the channel schematic?

Normal sex, for sure.

John

Nunya

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Hey Sunshine,

why not be a little more affable. After all, your creativity only extends to a user-name with a concept/actual name pinched from any number of common stories.

Reply to
David Eather

very

the

I take 'em off before the boards go to production; fewer questions to answer. ;-)

The ADI logic isolators are great parts. The ones with the isolated supply on the other side are nice, too. For another project coming down the pike, I need an isolated RS-422 driver. Maxim was in a couple of weeks ago wanting some business so I threw that at them. They came back with a solution that was several times as expensive as an ADI isolator (w/isolated supply) + RS-422 driver. Um, no thanks.

Isolator, DAC, and an FPGA?

There is nothing normal about DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

Yep. He is special!

Reply to
Greegor

and

ion.

em

ry low

They do

er on

ve used

on the

u want

is

My only complaint is they should cut you a better price on win 7. If you get enough of these boxes, you might want to think of getting a MS site license. Since I build all my desktop PCs, the cost of windows is a big chunk of the bill for a little Atom PC. I'm using mine with XBMC for HTPC. I could have gone the native linux route, but I needed windows for some other hardware. Also the manufacturers spend more time on windows drivers because that is the market. For something like HTPC, you are pushing the hardware to its limits.

There is much to be said for your test instrumentation to be one integrated box. The problem with roll your own test gear is the bugs in the software, and the software becomes a real time sink. Then you also have to wonder just how good these USB instruments really are. I assume you can't get a cal sticker for usb instruments, but I don't know that for a fact.

If you are going to do any heavy processing on an atom, the D525 or whatever replaces it in the future is the way to go. The 86/64 instruction set is better at number crunching, if you can even use that term with an Atom.

Be sure to post how happy you are with the box. It will surely piss off the Glimmerass.

Reply to
miso

I noticed Grub no longer allows me to F8 my windows. I know this is off topic to the list, but it you have a quick fix I'm all ears. Uh, make that eyes.

Reply to
miso

Ubuntu users are generally newbies. I'm not very fond of Canonical. Canonical goes through the motions of creating open source software, but really they code in a vacuum then just dump their shit on the world. Ubuntu is far down the list of linux I'd run. If I wasn't running opensuse, I'd be running fedora.

Reply to
miso

I have a number of PCs. Do I have to boot the linux box to make you happy? Geez.

Reply to
miso

No, actually, that's incorrect. The choice of article is based on the initial _sound_ of the word, and 'university' isn't pronounced 'oo-niversity,' it's pronounced 'you-niversity.' 'Y' is a consonant in this context. At least in Terran English.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You have no concept of contractual requirements, and no, it was not a mistake.

Ever see a shaker table failure mode? Do you even have an environmental testing lab?

Grow up, John.

Reply to
Nunya

The result of running it on you is:

idiot, class 1

Reply to
Nunya

Fuck off and die, dumbass.

Reply to
Nunya

So, you don't know what that is. You are just a wast of skin.

Reply to
John - KD5YI

.

Install Burg, you stupid f*ck.

Reply to
Nunya

Hey Nymrod, everybody LOVES you! LOL

I can hardly wait until you send those G-Men over to see me!

Reply to
Greegor