Biden Announces First Moronic Act

Setting a record for screwing up before even taking office...a historical first.

The roller coaster is going to derail this time around.

Fred Bloggs

You are surprised that Joe is dumb?

The interesting question is who is actually in charge of Joe, and how much they can actually control him. He's a tough case, because he's senile and uninhibited and has always been a blowhard expert about everything. And usually wrong.

Expect some great books some day.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

??????????? I thought you were a Biden supporter!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Same entities who controlled all the rest up until Trump.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

He will resign on January 21 2023.

Less than 2 years doesn't count as a term for Harris.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

What different does it make? The states are still holding more than half of what they received. At this rate of vaccination, we will still be in lockdown by the end of the year.

Reply to
Ed Lee

He has already mentioned playing sick and resigning. I think he wasn't supposed to say that.

He's wanted to be President his whole life. I suspect a deal was made, you get to be President for a while then resign in favor of the FPOC we really wanted but couldn't get elected.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote: ==================================

** FPOC ???

Are three of those words obscenities ?

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I think most Presidents have wanted to be President their whole lives. If not of the United States, at least president of a homeowner's association or something. Or maybe a Usenet administrator.

Reply to
bitrex

Female person of color.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

** OK - but my version was more accurate.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yes, clearly no one controls Trmp, not even himself.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

first.

It's essentially what Boris Johnson has done in the UK, to get twice as ma ny people immunised as early as possible, at the risk that second dose that sustains the immunity may come a bit late. If the vaccines are rolling off the production line as reliably as they seem to be, it's defensible gamble - Covid-19 is killing people at a great rate in the USA

and slowing that down does seem to a sensible goal.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Its not actually a dumb choice. Boris Johnson has made the same calculation and opted to protect as many people as soon as possible, at the risk of deliering sone of the second doses a bit late,

It's an interesting question for conspiracy theory nut-cases. Nobody with any sense is going to worry about it.

John Larkin is a gullible sucker for all kinds of implausible propaganda.Trump spent money on claiming that Joe Biden was senile, but he wasn't nearly senile enough to lose the election.

John Larkin's idea of a great book is one that spends a lot of time flattering the reader.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

al first.

That would have been the US electorate. They didn't have all that much cont rol - the US executive presidency essentially allows the administration to act like lunatics for four years at a time - but Trump screwed up royally e nough to get himself booted out after that four years.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That is actually not dumb

In Denmark they digged into the vaccine trial and found that instead of having the second shot after 3 weeks, the effect was almost as good after 12 weeks. That means you can protect 4 fold as many people on the first batch

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

"He's a tough case, because he's senile and uninhibited and has always been a blowhard expert about everything. And usually wrong."

I thought we were discussing Biden not Trump...

Reply to
keith

The trouble the USA has, is people like you who want to politicise and divide /everything/.

Sane, rational people are happy to say "I mostly agree with this politician and disapprove of that one, but in this particular case my choice of political leader got it wrong".

You are allowed to say "I fully support Trump, except for his habit of wearing a dead squirrel on his head" or "I fully support Biden, but think it's more important to be sure of giving the first vaccinated people their second dose than to give more people their first dose sooner".

(Fred can tell you himself whether or not he supports Biden, of course.)

Reply to
David Brown

Of course it is not dumb.

Biden is listening to the health experts here - trying to get the best advice available based on reality and science, rather than based on what he thinks will make him more popular.

(That doesn't mean the health experts are always going to be right - it's hard to predict long-term effects without waiting a long time to see the results. It is merely the best bet we have.)

Reply to
David Brown

The same thing is happening elsewhere.

If second dose candidates get over-riding priority in distribution, it can make sense.

Otherwise, anything varying from 'use as directed' is moronic.

RL

Reply to
legg