Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

Internode today announces Australia's first true terabyte broadband plan

6-Sep-2010

Taking a lead from the over-size T-shirt shelf, Internode's 1000 gigabyte (GB) XXL Easy Broadband ADSL2+ service drapes its customers in a true one-terabyte data quota plan, costing $149.95 a month when bundled with NodeLine telephone service.

In a generous overhaul, Internode has doubled the data quota of its popular Easy Broadband plan ($49.95 bundled) from 50 GB to 100 GB per month and introduced 200GB ($69.95 bundled) and 300GB ($89.95 bundled) plans - dubbed respectively S, M and L. For customers with big data appetites, Internode provides the 600GB XL plan for $99.95 (bundled) as well as the true-terabyte XXL plan.

more details here:

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

6-Sep-2010

iinet has had one for a while now.

one-terabyte data quota plan, costing

Reply to
Rod Speed

6-Sep-2010

Yeah. I'd like to know what they mean by "true" (perhaps no peak/off-peak). And of course, like most Internode plans, it's expensive.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.

I'd stick with iinet (who had the first true terabyte plan) rather than go to internode. Internode are calling it the "first true plan" purely because they don't make a distinction between peak and off-peak, which is only a minor inconvenience. The more honest line would have been "first terabyte plan with no distinction between peak and off-peak".

The main reason for sticking with iinet?

Internode : 1Tb with phone line : $179.95 iinet : 500/500 (1Tb) with phone line : $129.90

I think I'm willing to put up with the minor inconvenience of a split cap to knock around 30% off of my bill a month. But then I don't need that sort of volume.

Reply to
Hunter

Nail right on the head on both counts! 8]

Reply to
Hunter

Would this work in Tony Windsor's electorate? Apparently he got sucked into the $43 billion child pron aka "broadband" network sponsored by the Australian Federal government and bisexual pro-unborn-child-murderer Zulia Killer. And even after Telstra announced days ago their 100Mbs connections over Next-G - which is a national, regional and rural network... by the way. Zulia celebrates her dope-the-ignorant-independents-campaign with fellow sodomite Bob Brown (aptly named).

Reply to
Steve Night