Another Woman at the Helm-This Time Allowing 9 Million Lbs Beef Unfit for Human Consumption on the Market

USDA inspector Lynnette Thompson apparently valued recreation sexual pleasure more than the safety of millions of consumers:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A sad story. Is there any reason to think that eating the meat of an animal with cancer ever hurt anybody? It's not like mad cow disease or tularemia.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So no regulation is the solution. Makes sense. If somebody dies, hey, they are providing a useful service in testing our drugs.

Let me put it this way. I would never have Rand Paul as my eye doctor. He couldn't pass the boards, so he created his own board.

Nor would I eat in a restaurant owned by a Libertarian.

Reply to
miso

It dates back to the Bush II administration. However many of these agencies are co-opted by industry. Legislation is written giving the agency the power to set the law rather than codify really complicated science within legislation. You can see the logic in that. [Imagine if N connectors were the only legal RF connector.] Now to change the agency, you need to change who runs it. But depending on who is in charge of Congress, you can keep "your guy" in charge by refusing to approve the "guy" picked by the president.

The FEC is a prime example of how parties manipulate the law by screwind with appointments:

miso

easure more than the safety of millions of consumers:

Plenty of reasons. Epidemiologists have been studying and quantifying the r isk to public health due to bovine viruses responsible for leukemias and ly mphomas, having observed pronounced incidence of these diseases in meat ind ustry workers. That is why lymph glands are a primary focus of the USDA ins pectors, and those are the parts this particular meatpacker was switching o ut before the inspection. The eye cancer rapidly becomes a lymphoma once it goes malignant. Mad cow disease is rare compared to the bovine cancers, an d it's easily prevented by banning certain feed ingredients like dead cow a nd pig parts. The cancerous cows have been condemned for many decades now, but a sizable fraction of them make it through the slaughterhouse undetecte d.

on_detail

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

@Bloggs - your pathetic misogyny is really bugging me - plenty of people are_corrupt/screw_up etc. In none of the cases you have quoted recently has the gender of the individual concerned been relevant.

And they have nothing to do with electronics.

Why don't you hang out in alt.misogyny where you should feel right at home.

Michael Kellett

Reply to
MK

Is that you again, the gender confused dressmaker?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

@Bloggs - your pathetic misogyny is really bugging me - plenty of people

Fred's not a misogynist. He's an equal-opportunity misanthrope, i.e. he seems to hate everybody equally.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

A sad story. Is there any reason to think that eating the meat of an

Interesting, thanks.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So, the obvious solution to government made of imperfect men who do imperfect things, is ... more(!), and to put imperfect people (with their own interests) in charge of more stuff. Like health control. Because they're soooo much better at websites than we are. Yes We Can!

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Hey! _Everything_ is clearly Bush's fault. ...Jim Thompson

Wow, you really, really don't like women. That sounds tragic to me, like not liking ice cream.

Hey, you don't seem to like electronics either. There might be a pattern in there somewhere.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Black and white thinking, which seems to be a bit of a trademark of yours.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's very unlikely, but possible, and I just can't see a regulatory regime that would allow diseased meat. First, the cancer probably has the underlying reason, which could be a virus infection; then, there are freak accidents like the surgeon who got cancer through a needle prick:

Przemek Klosowski