Desert Electronics Market = 20 Million People

The starter cap for the ac compressor failed and the owner complained it only lasted 5 years.

I said 5 years was pretty good considering it wasn't designed for 65 C degree roof top heat. "That's why the local utilities' transformers are always blowing up."

With a market that is over 6% of the population of the U.S. shouldn't there be some opportunity for producing heat resistant capacitors, dust resistant bearings and other stuff that will survive the desert?

The handle bar grips on my mountain bike recently melted off.

Everything needs to be redesigned for the desert. Patio covers/sunshades need to wrap around the East, South and West sides of the house, at least 14 feet out.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Coober Pedy!

Reply to
mrdarrett

Try it, see how it works out. You'll be competing against all the folks who _say_ "desert rated" but go out of business before the warranty comes due, as well as all the potential customers that don't want to pay twice as much for a part they don't believe will last.

But if you can overcome that, maybe you can make millions.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

not living in some shithole desert would be my method of solving these problems.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

People afraid of the desert is a GOOD thing... keeps the population

Come on down... we serve roasted Easterners as appetizers around here

...Jim Thompson