Another prototype

I meant to say Direct Exchange is the way to go:

Closed Loop has too many proprietary components- not good.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

If the electricity goes out, we can fire up the gas burners on the stove. The CO2 is tolerable.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Every old city in the country has been or is doing that, but they still hav e to jackhammer the street up in critical places for some reason or another .

Some cities are so old they started out with wooden water piping. And the o riginal gas supply was derived locally from coal somehow, that's from an er a when gas seems to have been used for lighting only, all the heavy duty en ergy for heating came from burning coal, dunno about the cooking heat, gas or coal or what.

work off gas? Lose your electric power and you're back in the 18th century living standard. Gas is good for powering cheap electric generators.

at much electricity to cook. Peak demand may be high but total energy consu mption is small. The one electric appliance that I agree is a hog is the ho t water heater, but everything else is nominal now.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Now that you mention it, I recall one or two scandals of hucksters producin g what they claimed to be state-of-the-art compressors that couldn't delive r the performance and/or suffered from high failure rates. The dollar amoun ts involved were quite large in some cases. Just stay away from products la cking a proven track record or proprietary niche market products, nothing l ost.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

on

houses

Well let's check that, did people have houses before Edison and Tesla, sure did you bet. You CAN have houses without electricity.

Can people have house without gas, sure can you bet, I have one.

Either of you care to back off from absolutisms?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

on

houses

without

stove. The

But you will have to be more concerned about CO.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

May you have another 32 years of that.

:-)

Reply to
josephkk

Don't worry!(*)

The President feels your pain, and he has put the government on track to provide a solution for your problem. Once the current administration has eliminated all vestiges of blood-sucking capitalism and anti- environmentalism from Congress, and has purged those who blindly trumpet radical theories such as as the financial heat-death of our country through excessive debt, we will be able to pass the laws required to ensure that everyone is taxed sufficiently to pay what we will decide is their fair share.

(*) Don't. Seriously. A little-known paragrapgh of the Affordable Care Act makes worrying illegal. Non-mandatory worrying can result in incarceration and/or an enforced drug therapy regime... which you will be required to pay for, since it won't be covered under the ACA.

Frank McKenney

--
  The overwhelming message taught in American schools, public and
  private, is that no group is superior to any other.  In America,

            -- Amy Chua, Jed Rubenfeld / The Triple Package
Reply to
Frnak McKenney

A clean gas flame doesn't make CO. And we have CO detectors, wih battery backup.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Yeah, but the CO likely is not. Anyway, it must be nice to live in a one room house.

--

Rick
Reply to

I found out that my 80 foot well has water within 10 feet of the surface. I was originally told they couldn't measure the rate of flow of the well as it was too high... whatever the pump would pump. I would think this would be a great heat sink for a heat exchanger, no?

--

Rick
Reply to

A few years ago my GE electric stove controller failed. (Stove bought in ~1998 so maybe 15 years at the time.) I went to order a new board. No longer supported. Expected life of a GE stove is now 7 years, according to the GE guy I talked to. He told me, "That's what consumer's want these days."

I found a place in Texas that would fix my board for ~$150 (I think)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

It's fine. Last winter I ran the stovetop on the coldest of nights, to keep the electric meter from over-revving and the heat-pump from pumping its heart out.

I rigged a hillbilly heater duct and a little fan to pipe the warm air from the kitchen, too. (It worked without that too, but took longer for the warm air to spill out into the rest of the house.)

It worked great, saved a bundle, and the CO monitor in the kitchen didn't mind. Make sure the flame is blue, not yellow!

It must be, but he doesn't, and neither do I.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

When I was a kid, everybody I knew had unvented gas heaters in most every room of their houses. Thermally efficient! I didn't hear of anybody dying, but I guess it may have happened.

Precision electronic instrumentation

gotta be a lousy burner to not burn all the gas which it the only way it would make CO

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen