Altera's Stratix II GX Transceivers running > 4Gbps

Hello, I'm looking to do a design involving data rates near 4Gbps and was looking at using Altera's Stratix II GX transceivers to drive the data to a 4Gbps single-mode fiber-optic transceiver. I'm interested in how well the Stratix can perform this task, if anyone has some experience using the transceivers could you please let me know how well it worked for you? I've read the Altera's web site on the Stratix II GX and it sounds very promising, I just want to make sure that is does what it says it can.

thanks, joe

Reply to
jjlindula

I'd also look at using a GBIC, or does that perform too much processing? Or are you making a GBIC? Or are you making huge volumes?

4 GB GBICs should be available from the fibre channel storage world.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak