AIRCRAFT ENGINES MARKET was valued at USD 68.20 Billion in the year 2018

GLOBAL AIRCRAFT ENGINES MARKET was valued at USD 68.20 Billion in the year

2017. Global Aircraft Engines market is further estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.09% from 2018 to reach USD 91.9 Billion by the year 2023. North Ameri ca region holds the highest market share in 2017 and Europe market is consi dered as the fastest growing market in the forecasted period. At a country level, the U.S. is projected to grow at a strongly in the coming years.

Free Sample PDF and Copy :

kalepatilakash

One of those boutique newsletters. The single-copy PDF price is $4555.

Aviation Week magazine is around $250 a year. I get that one.

United Technologies acquired Rockwell Collins and is selling off Carrier and Otis Elevator. The former employees of UTAS now work for Collins Aerospace. They hated the name UTAS. Their sister company is Pratt&Whitney aero engines.

GE is falling apart, but their engine business will survive somehow.

Didn't Collins start off in the ham transceiver business? I remember their making the top-end rigs.

lunatic fringe electronics

No. They started in 1993 making broadcast equipment.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I remember guys having Collins transceivers and kilowatt finals when I was a kid. Different Collins?

lunatic fringe electronics

No. The guy is Arthur A. Collins, who founded Collins Radio in

1933. There is a quite good article in Wikipedia.
--

-TV (OH2UG)
Reply to

Oops. That should be 1933.

The same Art Collins and Collins radio. Collins sold quite a few general coverage radios to the military during WWII, which were quite suitable for ham radio. After the war, some were rebranded as ham radio equipment as the military market dried up (e.g. 75A-1, and

32V-1):

I think that the perception of Collins as a ham radio manufacturer arrived when Collins sold SSB (single sideband) technology to the SAC (Strategic Air Command). The head of SAC, General Curtis LeMay, was an avid ham radio operator. He endorsed the then new SSB technology on the basis of his own experience operating SSB on ham frequencies.