The Multi-Billion dollar market opportunity created by Ubuntu on mobiles

The Multi-Billion dollar market opportunity created by Ubuntu on mobiles

Ubuntu is going mobile with a consistent platform that runs on desktop
computers, tablets and mobiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpWHJDLsqTU

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone

What this will do is create an ultra-massive opportunity as big as
what Google has done with Android in creating another mobile phone,
tablet and desktop PC revolution with greater market share for every player
because the market itself will be much bigger all those before it.

For the unwary, the biggest obstacle is going to be the prevalence
of NDA riddled chips pressed into service slowing down the uptake of
technology because any factory that signs up for an NDA'd chip will be
unable to get its engineers go on line and do that natural thing and talk
about their chips and try to get software ported over to it, because they
will be violating the NDA.

So the opportunity is not for the dumb that accept NDAs as necessary
and go sign such documents to get their NDA riddled chips.

The opportunity is for chip companies that throw away their NDAs,
and for those companies that commission their own NDA free SoCs that
allow Ubuntu to be built for it at fastest possible pace,
and allow all the open source engineers to absorb all that information
by producing creative commons licensed documentation so that engineers
can disseminate that information as quickly as possible and integrate
it into all their documentation and pass around all the relevant information
as quickly as possible to create products and billion dollar markets
overnight.

To make a new SoC that can run Ubuntu costs about $1m to $2m these days.
You may instead buy out a 30 man SoC developer team and that could
the basis for your company to print money by making Linux compatible
chips that can run Ubuntu.

Google is already an example how this system could work and Ubuntu
is the next example, and all happening at a much faster pace for all those
who can see the opportunities and the road blocks and drive around
it as quickly as possible.

Re: The Multi-Billion dollar market opportunity created by Ubuntu on mobiles
What about...

Tizen?
Sailfish?
Firefox OS?

Qt seems to be gaining traction in the mobile market. Let's hope all
these platforms will come up with a common api otherwise we'll just see
more and more fragmentation which is bad for both developers and users.

Re: The Multi-Billion dollar market opportunity created by Ubuntu on mobiles
After swilling some grog, Chris Hills belched this bit o' wisdom:

Que sera sera.

--
Hey, I never told anyone to buy my stock! Besides, no one is less happy than
I am with the performance of Microsoft stock! I?ve lost tens of billions of