6.9 billion souls

The world population tops 6.9 billion this week.

That's 3 babies per second. That's over 180 babies per minute!

7 billion in a few more weeks from that! :-)

Sad where the most growth is too.

Reply to
WhySoSerious?

So, why don't you leave?

Reply to
krw

Don't blame me, none of them are mine.

--
Progress is made on alternate Fridays.
Reply to

It is tragically self limiting. Just give it time.

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Oddly, the growth rate is at it's all time lowest, so I should not really be alarmed that the world population has doubled since the year of my birth and will be 9B if I make it to 90. Starting from 3B in 1960.

Reply to
WhySoSerious?

Yeah, major victories for the anti-choice fetus-worshipers.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Interesting, and also sad, is that, in many countries, the combination of cheap ultrasound and abortion is increasing the male/female baby ratio... in some places approaching, sometimes exceeding, 2. That will have some serious implications, one of which will be lower birth rates.

Ironic that the feminist goal of freely available abortion is preferentially killing girls.

John

They will also become a smaller voting block.

tm

Reply to
tm

Right. Lots of implications.

John

Which means that girls will be valued far more highly. It's the De Beers gambit.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I'm tempted to paraphrase Mao on power here, but I'll refrain.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

No jobs, plus no women, will mean riots. ...Jim Thompson

         I do not suffer from stress, but I am a carrier.

Sounds like fun. Bring it on.

tm

Reply to
tm

That's a pretty negative outlook. An awful lot of energy is expended by plants, animals and humans to increase reproductive probabilities- I would guess a 10-20% imbalance in favor of males might help the economies of those places a fair bit. For example, Indian males might try to make enough money and gain enough prestige to either compete for a local gal or import one from another country.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

That won't matter once Obama gets his way and the Islamicists win.

Reply to
krw

I just bought a 32 round magazine for my Beretta. Maybe I'll get a few more.

Reply to
krw

The Russians already export women.

Reply to