Heat Records Falling Around the World in 2018

How much of this is statistically significant? With some 200 years of records and many days in the year and many locations on earth and different types of records to be set, is it any surprise we get records set every year?

As we have to remind John Larkin, individual events are weather. Long term trends and cycles are climate. Don't confuse the two.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Glasgow, Scotland temp 'record' was apparently caused by an ice cream truck too close to the thermometer - and was not accepted by the UK Meteorological Centre.

Heat 'record' in Algeria, not mentioned by their own meteorological office - you think they would have noticed:

If French isn't your cup of soup here is google translate, go look for the 'record' - I couldn't find it.

Two strikes in a couple of minutes on that chart of so-called 'records'. So what about the rest?

Climate Catastrophiles are ever revived...

Some of us are concerned about other things - such as, are insect populations declining? That is a REAL potential threat to humans, and that could be caused by some persistent pesticides or ?

We appear to be heading into a Maunder Minimum, that is outside of human control, but should be planned for in case we get a little ice age returning.

(quote)

"One should be wary of jumping to conclusions about the role of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere in procuring a generalized warming of the Earth, given the great complexity of physical processes inherent in the reaction of the atmosphere-ocean system to a change in atmospheric transparency, knowing that such a change is in fact occurring as a result of the emission of gases in industry and transport. To this area of doubt the advocates of solar global warming have been able to add their element of confusion. Maybe we are experiencing a steady rise in the solar constant, accompanying a similar rise in solar magnetic variability, and maybe the greenhouse effect is not the main agent, or even a cause, of global warming. The novelty of the use of the Maunder Minimum in this context is the hypothesis that the time-scale associated with any change may be of order hundreds rather than tens of years, which would be the scale for changes directly linked to individual 11- or 22-year cycles."

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Too many weather stations are sitting on asphalt next to runways at airports. There weren't any airports in 1880.

It's 63F here at 7:30 PM. We have the heat on.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Got your little dig in there boy ? We noticed. You happy now ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Spotless Sun

Martin Riddle

Wunderground, huh? Did you know that website dumps several hundred cookies on your browser, most of which are advertising related?

--

Jeff
Reply to

You do understand that by "falling" the idiot means "exceeded"??? Jack-asinine poor choice of words...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Only 21.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

That sheds some light on it. Like people said "The record stands..." or "The record stood until...".

Makes a bit more sense now. Still a weird way of putting it when it is out of context.

Reply to
jurb6006

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Everything he writes is cryptic garbage like this. Wunderground must be desperate for content. The North Pole is a balmy 32oF today and everyday. It should be about 50 degrees colder than that. If Houston doesn't think there's a problem with that then they're dumber than they look.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

degrees colder than that."

In mid July in the northern hemisphere ? I won't be building a bomb shelter and stocking up on survival gear right now. It is a bit unusual and may be cause for concern, but if it doesn't stay that way it's not so bad. It's l ike years ago when it hit the 90s in Alaska. Just some freaky sit happened. It may have been because with all their underground nuclear testing they t urned the ground into a giant subwoofer. Subwoofers move air. And those are not those little 1,000 watt jobs you see at concerts.

As you can see I am not a denier, but I AM a realist and I know we do not h ave the technology to fix it right now. People would be starving, unrest, b lood in the streets, gangs roaming and stealing from people, martial law.

Hmm...I just realized that is not so much of a downside than I thought.

Reply to
jurb6006