Component Search Engines

Hi All,

Just wondering what your favourite component search engines are (the type that search the inventories or all the main component suppliers, and provides a list of stock and pricing)?

I have used PartMiner before, but I believe there are other free types out there. Which ones do you use?

Thanks! Mark.

Reply to
markp

Digikey. If they don't have it in stock I'm very reluctant to use it, particularly this year. My normal suppliers had better have some pretty good assurances of supply if it's not an in-stock item.

keithw86

and

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

Thanks Rich, just what I was looking for!

Mark.

Reply to
markp

Thnaks. I already search Digikey, Farnell (Newark in the US), RS and Mouser to get some idea of availablity. Rich has pointed out a couple of search engines that act as front-ends to these type of suppliers.

Mark.

Reply to
markp

ut

Those are the ones I use. I sometimes find that the search engines will find parts at either Newark or Mouser that I can't find with their internal search function. (weird.) Digikey has by far the best parameter search.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Except for the "price" parameter :) Although the "qty available" column can be a surrogate for this.

[...]
--

John Devereux
Reply to

That's my default method for finding datasheets, too. FindChips->Newark or Digikey->datasheet link. Much faster than navigating the mfg sites.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

is good for finding datasheets, particularly if the device is not in the usual supplier catalogs.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Thanks, I often find searching in Google for a datasheet pops that one up. It's a bit incomplete though (e.g. ATtiny88-AU isn't there) but have found other things I couldn't find elsewhere.

Mark.

Reply to
markp

Yup, that's good medicine too. OTOH for design purposes one wants the distributor parts!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

:

type

s out

t -

Yeah, digikey has become my default storage location for data sheets. I keep sending them orders for the same reason I buy all my beer from the =91deli=92 down the bottom of my hill. I like their service and I=92d hate for them to disappear.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Yup, depends if it's design or service work? I do the odd bit of service work on industrial stuff.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant