5V MOSFET driver

I have an application driving a solenoid with a MOSFET H bridge.

A 5v supply would be enough to drive the bridge and the power is moderate so I could probably build the bridge with logic level complimentary MOSFETS.

The drive will be PWM at around 20 or 30kHz so the MOSFETS need to switch fast and I need to drive them hard.

Anyone have suggestions for a 5v buffer to drive the gates? Preferably cheap and 4 in a package. I was thinking some HC logic bus driver might be up to the job.

Reply to
nospam

Microchip makes the TC4423, TC4424, and TC4425 low-side gate drivers, they have high side as well.

They are duals, but perhaps they have some quad packages with both. They're $2 each sngl qty at Digikey.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

John Bordynuik selects " I have an application driving a solenoid with a MOSFET H bridge. "

I would recommend using VNH3SP30. I know you mentioned you are looking for _just_ drivers but I have used this part to reduce valuable board real estate.

How much current do you need to control?

John Bordynuik JBI john at johnbordynuik.com

Reply to
John Bordynuik

Interesting chip (or actually 3 chips in one package) but it is very much targeted towards driving motors. It isn't specified operating below 9v so it isn't a solution for me.

Reply to
nospam

The Microchip range looks promising. They have a quad lowside driver. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
nospam