full bridge motor driver using PWM

Hi!

For my full bridge motor driver I am currently using a VNH3SP30 from ST Microelectronics. Though I had to find out that this chip isn't very good for high speed switching (output voltage rise/fall time:

2.0/1.5us). I would like to switch higher (about 10kHz and higher) to get rid of unpleasant noises. This ST chip has the MOS FETs integrated and someone now told me that I should find a Chip that hasn't got the MOS FETs integrated.

What do you think? Can anyone suggest a good full bridge driver?

Thanks for you help, Stefan

Reply to
Stefan

harshit

You mean

perhaps? GtG

Reply to
Grog

im sorry the company name was what i had on the top of my head. Thanks very much for correcting me

Reply to
harshit

Thx. My application requires an controller that can drive a bit more. Do you know of any that drives up to 30A?

Stefan

Reply to
Stefan

This doesnt answer ure qn directly. But i have built my own HBridge using IRL3803 and IRF4905 Mosfets they can take 55A.

I switch them at 100Khz. But my design isnt good as u need to drive the gates using enough gate drive as the gate capacitance of mosfets are large. But to serve the purpose i use ttl logic to drive the gates and it does the job :-)

Reply to
harshit

You could look at the ST L6384

This turns TTL control signals into Upper and Lower drive signals (including deadtime) for a single arm of an inverter. You can directly drive fairly substantial MOSFET's from this.

I've run largish FET's with 24Vdc input up to 100kHz with these.

Reply to
Gary Pace

If you need small quantity's, you could look into ready made amplifiers as made by amc

or Copley Controls

For motors upto 3Amps i always used a LMD18200. But lately i start looking into designing a similar bridge with discrete components. Mainly because sometimes i don't have the pcb space for a TO220 package.

Anyone some more suggestions on making a good 3A. H-Bridge ? (Driver IC + Mosfets)

Stijn

Reply to
Stijn V.