50 KV optocoupler

Your solution can -switch- the kV Level?

das Ding ist ein Optokoppler, der nicht nur 10kV isoliert zwischen LED und Photodiode, das Ding kann die 10 kVs steuern..!

Aus dem Datenblatt nochmal zum Lesen:

Photodiode ? Reverse Voltage 10,000 V

Mit welchem Bauteil schaltest/steuerst Du denn soo billig die 10 kV?

Fragt neugierig

Jorgen

Reply to
Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

Thanks, now I see, it doesn't switch but the photodiode can generate

10kV and provide linear regulation up to that. Probably a multilayer one. 10kV is a lot, the highest one I've seen so far was "only" 1400V.

But what does mankind need this for?

With cheap FETs, for example a beanstalk circuit. I wouldn't spend more than a buck on that. Then you can use a cheapo optocoupler :-)

Of course, real men would do this with a ballast triode.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

All together for less than a dollar?

Zitat von Dir: " My solution had only one LED and worked fine, for less than a Dollar :-)"

Jorgen

Reply to
Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

On a sunny day (Wed, 04 Feb 2015 17:32:41 -0800) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Depending on speed real man would use an Edison light bulb and some LDRs in series. The deep red ones come to mind.

Commies? Oops,

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

With your twisted deduction of things, I don't think I really want to know what is on your mind.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Hands on, and you?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Self-preservation. Your mind isn't structured to accommodate anything even moderately complicated.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Friday, 6 February 2015 11:07:31 UTC+11, Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. wrote :

ith

,

ced > > > >intellectual level - which John S. and John Larkin can't

ics"?

I've had lots of what most people recognise as "real life experience in ele ctronics", designing stuff for complicated gear like phased array ultrasoun d and electron microscopes, getting it to work and keeping it working despi te the best efforts of production to "improve" it.

Jan Panteljte doesn't seem recognise this - perhaps I've not done enough ha m radio to satisfy his idiosyncratic criteria - and I was hoping for some e lucidation. Your ill-informed guess-work isn't helpful, but that has never stopped you posting it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Is that right? I have no difficulty working with your lame view of how things work, but then gain, you're not that sophisticated in the first place.

Bill, it's time to put the old gray haired fox away, it's not doing it for you any more. Most likely didn't do much for you when it wasn't gray. what do they call you now, the white ghost?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

getting it to work and keeping it working despite the best efforts of production to "improve" it.

You see there you go, you're just one of those that come up with ideas and pass it to bench guys to work out your problems. what works you put your John Hancock on, what does not, you blame production and the techs that actually did the building and most if not all the brain work on your projects.

You're just an SE..

I give Jan more credit, he at least does something with his idea instead of getting someone else to work out problems.

I know the type!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

You think my point of view is "lame" because you don't understand it, and comfort yourself with the thought that there wasn't anything there to understand.

Aesop's fox had lost it's tail, and tried to persuade other foxes that they shouldn't value theirs.

It seems likely that you never had much in the way of wits to start with, so the analogy isn't exact.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Friday, 6 February 2015 12:52:51 UTC+11, Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. wrote :

rote:

e:

gwadt

rs with

aves,

dvanced > > > >intellectual level - which John S. and John Larkin can't

ing to

Cambridge Instruments bought a shaped beam electron microfabricator from Th ompson-CSF in the mid 1980's which seemed to have been developed like that.

I was in charge of reworking the electronics from what had been sold to us as a pre-production prototype - and in fact looked rather like a proof-of-p rinciple machine - to something which our production line could churn out a t the rate of one per month.

As soon as I got my hands on real electronics, I noticed that the French technicians had added the components that had been skipped on the ci rcuit diagrams - like decoupling capacitors - and they'd frequently added c omponents that made the circuit stable, but slower than it needed to be.

We didn't work that way. If one of my prototypes needed lots of ferrite bea ds to work, I was the one who found it out and marked up the schematics to include the ferrite beads and made sure that the revised parts list specifi ed the right ferrite beads.

I'm a decidedly superior engineer, but I can use a soldering iron, and a ho t-air desoldering station to rework surface mount boards.

h ham radio to satisfy his idiosyncratic criteria - and I was hoping for so me elucidation. Your ill-informed guess-work isn't helpful, but that has ne ver stopped you posting it.

I'm not doing as much with my ideas as I used to - bench space is in short supply. I've always been delighted when I could get somebody else to work o ut detailed design problems for me - it's called delegation, and managers w ant senior engineers to do a lot more of it than actually makes sense.

What was more likely to happen was that the junior engineer would give me h is lecture notes and I'd use them to come up with a practical solution.

Sure. Most jumped-up technicians don't understand engineering, and think th at their fiddling is what makes the whole system work.

I'm reminded of the time when I thought that I could save money by buying a n untrimmed four-quadrant multiplier and let final test correct its offsets by twiddling two potentiometers in succession. I thought that I'd specifie d the setting-up procedure in sufficient detail, but after final test had f ailed to get the procedure to work after six hours - and the three guys tha t had failed were pretty good at what they did - I replaced the multiplier with a pre-trimmed part. When they finally called me in, it took me ten min utes to get both pots set up right. I could have rewritten the set-up proce dure in even more exhaustive detail, but the problem clearly was that they hadn't bothered to carefully read what I had written (not that I made a fus s about it at the time), and writing more would have been a waste of time.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah well, I didn't have to steer 10kV

If you have to steer a HV node there is the old trick of using a beanstalk amp, see 4.1.2:

You just have to price out the transistors for a good deal. It's not expensive. In the end you have to compare. What do the VMI parts cost?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Nah, real men do it with fire, this way:

In a couple of hours I'll bake a pizza, as usual over a wood fire, outdoors, in the driving rain.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to