), but anyways

level.

s and oil capacitors.

g for.

e than the fireworks...

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I would not trust them above 10KV each; to "scale" to a gigavolt, that would be *VERY* expensive...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Breaker and fuse technology is abject garbage...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Of course. Just like people such as you.

Reply to
John S

He lives in a cave and uses bear-fat lamps. He kills the bears with rocks.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

20Index.html

That VMI part looks like something that gets bought if you're building a few of something, and you know that anything home-rolled will increase the certification budget.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

You're being much too kind.

Reply to
John S

Have none of you ever heard of self certification?

We went to UL to TEACH them about HV ins and outs.

After that, WE self certified all of our products. And with a UK parent company that produces 400kV supplies, they know what to do to get all the euro certs too.

Before that, their (ULs) idea of HV started at 300V and stopped at about

1000V.

Fluorinert has a very high dielectric strength.

Use a PVC tube, and the dielectric fluid inside.

Old military HV anode connectors and silicone HV corona wire would provide safe entry point feeds.

The PVC tube internal path length would determine the final isolation value.

Shoot for a couple hundred kV if you want to isolate to 50kV.

All HV creepage concerns fade to zero

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Clinical psychopathic confabulation ... Now when was that you reorganized the national strategy for fusion energy research?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Messy, and is dominated by the outer/surface creepage of the PVC. A solid light pipe, or fiber optics, is a lot easier.

The HCPL-type LED plastic fiber links are cheap and reliable, if you have room for them. Long runs will need lasers and glass fiber, still not difficult.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

My concept is to get my designs through agency approvals. Agencies such as the FDA do not look favorably on shady sources who have no verifiable production controls. That's how it is, and I am glad it is that way. Same in aerospace.

BTW, it is the same way in Europe, including the Netherlands. If you don't believe me read the EU Medical Device Directive.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

And there is 100% agency-compliant traceability?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Over $2 for just a connector? Yikes. The whole setup didn't cost that much.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks for describing your affliction to the group.

Now, f*ck off and die, child.

Nice offer of an example of your affliction.

Now, go show the post to your psychiatrist, so he can up your Lithium prescription. 'Cause right now... it ain't enough to quell the stupidity that is Fredd Bloggs, the Usenet total retard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On a sunny day (Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:36:29 -0800) it happened Joerg wrote in :

You are much to serious, medical is mostly just quack anyways. treating people for things they do not have with things that do not help or have more side effects than the original problem.

It had advanced very little since medivial times where they had people drink mercury for whatever. I recently did see a documentary on German TV about the habit of giving people blood transfusions. I always though that was just too simple. It seems the same anti-body regime goes for blood as for donating organs. The result is people get transfusions for operations they do not really need, and then get infections because the blood (they showed nice electron microscope pictures) started behaving completely different and the immune system 'blocked'. Chances are 99% that if you ever land in a hospital they do it to you and you die from an infection (look up how many die from infections in hospitals each year, and THAT is why). Now what the shit difference does a part bought via ebay from a official manufacturer make. This is planet of the apes, and big money by apes and parrots who do not have the slightest clue or even imagination just trained apes and that is the way it is. best of luck with it.

BTW look up the documentary 'bad blood' on some German TV station (maybe it was ARD or Das Erste, or ZDF). I am sure it is online.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:38:32 -0800) it happened Joerg wrote in :

As always you are just conradicting yourself. medical equipment is insanely expensive, how can a 2 dollar part bother you .

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Or in the physics department of universities where cost does not matter.

Certs with isolation parts can be tricky. It often took me hours to obtain the required paperwork.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ever heard of "disposable"?

Also, there is hardcore competiton between device mfgs. And yes, $2 does matter, especially where TOSLink isn't done with just that, you also need TX, RX and whatnot. I'd never pick such a solution when I can easily get the whole thing done for a buck or two.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Nope. Only for idiots like you who DIP a PCB assy INTO NASTY solvent instead of using the vapor phase like it was meant to be used.

Some of us know how to work with liquids AND electronics. You exibit proofs that you do not... every time you post about it.

Yeah... you know f*ck all nothing about HV, much less dielectric fluids.

and is dominated by the outer/surface creepage of the PVC.

Absolutely not. What part of "mil spec HV connector" and "mil spec Silicone HV anode wire" do you not understand?

The HV is quite far away from the PVC, and the dielectric fluid guarantees that fact.

I HAVE seen 50kV arc THROUGH fluorinert liquid. You have not. I do not expect you to understand. You already missed the finer points. You are like mike and Linux. You may never get it.

Sounds like a creepage issue to me, which you seem to dismiss. The opto fires THROUGH the fluid. No solid light pipe needed.

No creepage of ANY kind EVER gets exhibited.

Yeah... you know nothing about it, obviously.

That is not the issue. We already know how to make the opto connection cheap, and your fiber optic link 'idea' ain't it. Hell, that isn't cheap at all.

The HV isolation is the part you seem to have a lacking in.

You ain't real bright. Cost prohibitive. Ever heard that term Johnny?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Well , of course, you fly into a rage at anyone less than impressed with yo ur confabulated image. Hey, can you tell us about the interview with the Pr esident for the chief scientific adviser position again? That one was a lau gh a minute. IF you can find the time, that is, you're probably very busy p olishing up the claims for your anit-gravity teleportation patent.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred