4-20mA Precision Source Ideas

Since JT "killfiled" you, I suppose he things someone has to.

Reply to
krw

Yeah, JT just peeps at me indirectly.

John

Heh!

Larkin, a wannabe demagogue, would prefer to have no critics and, when
one shows up who can discredit him, logically, squeals about it by
casting aspersions on the critic instead of countering the argument.
Reply to
John Fields
[snip]

Sounds like the definition of a leftist ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Yup, really creepy. And nothing much to say on-topic. He whines about my connection dots!

John

Commenting on your sloppy technique is hardly whining, and the proper
method of drawing electronic schematics is certainly on topic.
Reply to
John Fields

You ain't real bright.

You are, in fact, an abject idiot, and there are more than a few reasons to make that declaration.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Design is the art, John.

Proper conveyance is a formal regimen. Little room for art.

There is a huge difference.

Your opinion about appearance is flawed as it relates to proper conveyance.

You would fail to be hired/contracted, etc., if you used 4-way ties on a schematic. It simply is improper, and has been for a long time.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Flawless facts. Hilariously so.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Post a schematic that you have recently designed. Or shut up about proper schematic formats.

A schematic conveys concepts from my brain to a PC board. Anything that pleases me, and works, is "proper."

It's been decades since I cared to be hired or contracted. I design products my way, and my company manufacturers and sells them. Customers rarely get schematics.

I do all sorts of things that you and JT would be scandalized by [1]. Too bad.

John

[1] Lately, I've been doing customer proposals with figures and schamatics that are just whiteboard photos. *WITH* crossing connections and a tie dot. Some are a tad cartoonish, but the customers don't seem to mind. I think everybody is a bit tired of PowerPoint.

I keep getting PowerPoint stuff from my customers, and most of it is awful. They'll semd me a suggested machanical layout and it doesn't make sense... because it's not to scale!

It's not sloppy, it's the way I like to draw. And I define "proper" in my company.

John

Hardly mutually exclusive.
Reply to
John Fields

[snip]

I told you! Larkin IS manic depressive ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Well, draw schematics the way you like in your company. Use boxes for resistors. Use those Egyptian-looking IEC logic symbols. Draw funny PLC-looking relays. Use "TRN" for transistors and "RV" for pots. Show values like 4k7 and 2u2. Tell yourself that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Whine a lot. Enjoy yourself.

Show us some of your schematics. Not LT Spice, but the real stuff.

John

Tell them to go pound sand John. When those know-it-all slackers start and run their own sucessful business, THEN they can criticize. Maybe. Like the old questions,"If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?" And "Why are you still working for someone instead of yourself?" Think about it.

Tom

Reply to
hifi-tek

Is that what you use to refute a decades old rule?

You are truly pathetic.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

It's not a "rule", AlwaysWrong. It *was* a style, older than Thompson. With modern color displays and printers it's day is long past. Since janitors never design anything, no one expects you to have a clue. Since you're AlwaysWrong...

That's you, in spades, DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

If it's decades old, it's obsolete!

And you don't design electronics.

John

Wrong.

Wrong. They are not referred to as "styles", idiot. They are referred to as 'conventions'.

You're an idiot. You sound like you don't even know what the argument is, idiot.

You are wrong in your assertions. 'Janitors' DO 'design things'. It doesn't matter, however, since that is not my station in life. If it were, you would have been churned under in a landfill a long long time ago. By my hand.

Your "style" has taken you down another couple notches on the maturity totem, dumbass.

The convention IS modern, idiot. You are a schematical retard as well, I see.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Always wrong, AlwaysWrong.

AlwaysWrong is still wrong. Go figure.

AlwaysWrong...

Wrong.

Always.

It's not your station to design electronics, that's for sure.

Little wiener talks again.

Would you *stop* melting my irony meters, DimBulb? It's getting expensive!

AlwaysWrong. Name me a modern schematic capture package that doesn't have dots. ...or a printer that can't print them.

Reply to
krw