100nF vs. 0.1uF

er than

pular with

eering

00nF.

=A0I

There are no SMT film capacitors that can be trusted. The PPS film capacitors are the most common sort of SMT ones they will sell you, but I suggest you pass them by. They are extremely fragile.

In the leaded types you can still get film capacitors.

Reply to
MooseFET

the app

cross at

And a few others he bounces around to.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, and AIOE blocked!

ule, and the app

s.

that cross at

ectrical

boratory.

ey are

you

you

They're all 72.197.134..., AFAIK. He just gets a different IP=20 address assigned every few weeks.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

Oh foo. I embarrassed myself again.

Reply to
JosephKK

than

with

"engineering

Yep. Sometimes it is the right part for the job.

Reply to
JosephKK

at

Fuck off, mooseturds.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Only in your retarded little part of the world, dumbfuck.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Actually, the place where one sees it most often are in documents meant to be looked at and referred to by lay persons, as in people that are not formally trained specifically in electronics and electricals. It removes all confusion, when printed properly. A group of persons without any such training will interpret such a drawing better than one that contain intersection that do not describe a node connection.

In "electrical" professional circles, however, folks are supposed to know about the proper rules regarding intersecting conductor lines on diagrammatical renderings (schematics).

Reply to
AnimalMagic

You're an idiot... no "seem to be" about it.

I've integrated logic circuitry onto a board with diodes. Big deal what one decides to use if it works.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

You're an idiot. I could easily post to/through another news provider, using a different news client, and your totally retarded, lame ass wouldn't catch a goddamned thing, dipshit.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

with

Do the math, dingledorf. It is volumetrically impossible.

Unless all you want is one femtofarad, or mere parasitical capacitance, and you can get that by placing two pads next to each other.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

cross at

Not when you act like a goddamned idiot.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

You're a goddamned retard, boy.

Reply to
Bungalow Bill

app

cross at

electrical

Wrong, fucktard. I only post through ONE ISP on ONE account.

The ISP occasionally assigns a new IP address as they are NOT hard assigned, they are dynamic. They typically get long term net "leases", however, which means that an assignee will retain the same IP address for a long period. Not that a complete idiot like you could understand the situation.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

the app

cross at

electrical

laboratory.

are

More utter bullshit.

One doesn't "get" a new IP address "assigned"... One's ISP ASSIGNS IP addresses as THEY see fit, and they are not hard assignments. My IP address has been the same for months, and when it was last changed, it had nothing to do with me, asswipe. Not that you could grasp the technology, you are too busy spewing horseshit.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

than

with

"engineering

What an amazing revelation!

You dippy f*ck.

Reply to
Corbomite Carrie

That was how the DOS version of Orcad did "power objects". It makes sense for there to be a way to have a power or ground symbol of your own creation that works as a label when you hook it up.

I have only used the Orcad Capture program briefly. After it screwed up a weeks worth of work, I went back to using the DOS version, which IMO works far better in any case.

Reply to
MooseFET

ather than

popular with

gineering

e 100nF.

=A0I

at

ere

and

out

One of the other engineers where I work is just about to start testing the PCB for a new product that used some. It looks to me like the film caps will need to be soldered by hand as a manual second operation after the reflow. Since the selling price of the product will be about the same as a small car, it won't impact the profit margin much.

In other places, I have taken to putting several NPO capacitors in parallel to get the value I need. The mechanically large SMT ceramic packages are also fragile.

Reply to
MooseFET

ge

c rule, and the app

ages.

es that cross at

electrical

.

laboratory.

they are

ke you

hen you

s.

Dim

out

so

Adding lies to simply being always wrong, eh AlwaysWrong?

Therefor one gets a new IP address assigned. Learn some English,=20 Dimbulb. =20

"When it was last changed" (the time before that?) implies that=20

*you* have had it changed. Liar.

You really are stupid, aren't you Dimmie?

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

and the app

that cross at

electrical

laboratory.

they are

you

_Sometimes_ your IP address will be changed if you disconnect for a few days. I have three different IP's for "AlwaysStupid".

...Jim Thompson

           Liberalism is a persistent vegetative state