Where get heat shrink tape in UK?

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 17:01:26 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote (in article ):

Trying to search for things by categories seems very difficult to do.

It used to be possible to find an item using a text search and then to get a list of items in its group. This is useful when you want something that is slightly different or where there are several items in a range that you need to buy to make a solution to do something.

Now both seem difficult to impossible.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not only the website. The CD catalogue is just about as bad (worse..). If you run it off CD, even with a modern drive, you can reckon on five minutes for some searches. Of the HD, it is 'slightly' better, but not much. It won't find some items even with the right part number, and then if you ask for a data sheet, it links you to the website, and asks you to log in. Do this, and you are still pointing at the item you want the data sheet for, but on the website. Select it again, now on the website (already logged in), and it asks you to login again. Only on the third attempt, do you get to the data sheet. Fairly often at this point, the 'sheet' is the wrong one for the selected product. I think they are trying hard to discourage people from actually using them.... :-( The version from a year or so ago, was about 50* better. Only took about

1/10th the time, and would link to the correct data sheet.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

In message , Andy Hall writes

But they have a mission statement

c'mon you have to be impressed

--
geoff
Reply to

There are about three different compounds used to make self-amalg tape, some squishier / more flexible than others. I wouldn't rule it out immediately.

Thinking about it, I've _never_ seen heatshrink tape - not sure if there's a technical reason for that.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Alix:

I carry a 4:1 heat shrink ratio tube with or without adhesive.

I have a distributor in the UK if you don't wish to purchase from a US supplier (where I am).

send me an email if you're interested.

Marc

Alix wrote:

Reply to
marc

Firstly the requirements of the original poster were quite likely satisfied by a posting 28 minutes after the original post (as archived by google) which contained the web address of a local supplier, the stock code, the price, the length, the width and the temperature required to shrink heat shrink TAPE. This occurred on Saturday the 1st of July, by ordering that day the original poster could have taken delivery of a product precisely meeting their requirements on Monday

3rd July and the job might have been completed 10 minutes later.

Yes that was heat shrink TAPE, not sleeve tube or any round stuff but linear TAPE, it comes on a roll 20mm wide 50m long and 0.07mm thick, you wrap it round and then apply heat at around 130 deg C at which point it shrinks, conforms and adheres to the underlying structure.

stock code 170-5403 £13.15

Secondly top posting is and never has been the usenet convention

Thirdly, well there is no thirdly

Reply to
Matt