4kV 10nF where to get in UK

Need to replace some old HT smoothing caps which are currently Ceramic plate. Either ceramic disc or film axial types will do I think.

Some of the others that were ceramics but 20nF 5kV working have already been replaced with film axial types (with the word EFCO on them - dunno if that's a manufacturer or type code).

Anyone know where I can find such things these days - CPC, Maplin and RS are not much help. I'd prefer not to parallel up 4.7nF 4kV types- there's not a lot of room to play with and that's a hack I'd prefer to avoid.

--
Dave Partridge (remove xwy from replyto email address)
Reply to

Have you tried Farnell in One >>

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

And when you finish reading the news, you might like to try .

Ron (prize berk)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Same as CPC (now cpc-farnell) :-(

PS Always good to get a news update :-)

David C. Partridge

I eventually found a source that could supply me.

They had 10nF 5kV polyester at GBP11 each plus VAT & postage.

Now if you think that's expensive, and you could get ceramics for a fraction of the price (say GBP1), you're right if you order enough of them (say 5000) from most suppliers, or in one case can stand a minimum order of GBP20 and additional shipping costs from USA of GBP12.95 (oh yes they were out of stock and didn't know when ...).

If you're serious at that price, contact me offline as I know where there are 3 more of them as what remains of a production overrun.

BTW remove all occurrences of xwy from my replyto email address.

HTH someone Dave

been

that's

are