Q: Where to Get Used Oscilloscopes in UK? London?

Hello!

I wish to buy a used (second-hand) oscilloscope, but I don't know where the best place to get one is. I'm in the UK, just outside London. Does anyone here know of anywhere suitable in London? Or on the web? Is eBay any good?

Simon

--
Simon G Best
 Click to see the full signature

Hi Simon,

ebay.co.uk or ebay.com are VERY GOOD! if you want an analog scope, choose a Tektronix 2465b, it's the best analog scope that has been manufactured by Tektronix. It's old but still the best! and rather cheap for such piece of hardware... I've a 2230 and a 2465b and I do the difference... A friend bought recently a 2465 (not a B version), it's cheaper but less convenient because not "auto set up".

This is my personnal recommandation.

Have fun and Happy new year to you.

pf

"Simon G Best" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Reply to
Pierre-François

Ebay would probably be the first choice with normal caveats about researching the seller. If you want a 'real' shop, try :

Tek 2465A or B series is probably the best analogue scope available, and reasonably priced now, but be sure to test it thoroughly, as if one of the hybrids has gone it is unrepairable.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Agreed.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Hi Simon,

This guy is certainly one of the best on ebay.com:

I bought mine there, but it's in the US.

I'm very pleased with my 2465B. The guy is very competent in Tektronix scopes. Not the cheapest solution but certainly a safe one.

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me if you want. pf

"Mike Harrison" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Pierre-François