Motorola MDA980 bridge rectifier

Does anyone have any information for the Motorola MDA980-1 bridge rectifier? Any information (reverse voltage, average If, etc) would be appreciated. If anyone knows where I can get a datasheet that would be even better. I've tried all the online datasheet archives I know and tried several manufacturers looking for cross references. The closest I've got is a copy of a Motorola 1994/95 rectifier data book - it's got the MDA970. Earlier databooks have MDA950, MDA940, etc. so I presume the MDA980 must have been released just after that databook was published.

Thanks,

--
Fermi
Reply to

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:56:44 +0100, Fermi put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have Motorola's 1984 "Master Selection Guide and Catalog". The MDA980 and its variants is listed in the index, but there is no page number, and the devices do not appear in the catalog proper.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

That part shows as a cross in my ECG book as ECG 5322. 200 PRV 25A.

cl

Reply to
cl

Ok, thanks. I'd also like to apologise for getting the date wrong, it was a

1984/85 databook that had MDA970. The 90s book (actually 1992) was a Motorola rectifier databook that only had two-terminal devices in it. The 84/5 book I looked at had no mention of the MDA980 at all.
--
Fermi
Reply to

12 amps 50 volts according to this link....Paul

?CLASS=DIODE&SUB_CLASS=BRIDGE&ListCLASS=Diodes&offset=180

Reply to
PJ

?CLASS=DIODE&SUB_CLASS=BRIDGE&ListCLASS=Diodes&offset=180

I don't know what "you" looked up, but going to YOUR link, and plugging in the MDA980-1 as he has listed, it STILL comes out to a 200 PRV 25 Amp Bridge. The NTE 5322 just as I said. Except my example was an ECG brand. Try it again!

cl

Reply to
cl

?CLASS=DIODE&SUB_CLASS=BRIDGE&ListCLASS=Diodes&offset=180

OK, I see where you went.... You went to the Part Search in top right hand corner... But, if you go down to the far left, you get the NTE Data Sheet area. Punch in the same number, and you will see what I found - which is the same in my ECG book. Kind of strange, such a huge difference in ratings. I have some Motorola books here, but none to my knowledge have Bridge Rectifiers in them, just RF modules and transistors.

cl

Reply to
cl

MDA980-1 through MDA980-6 have increasing Vrrm.

50 - 100 - 200 - 300 - 400 - 600 MDA980 is rated for 12A av. MDA990 is rated for 30Aav in the 'same' package, but incorporating an imbedded aluminum mounting interface.

Ifsm is 300A all types.

Rthjc is 11degC/W per diode cell in MDA980. Total effect is 6.05degC/W " " 6 degC/W " " " " MDA990. Total effect is 2.28degC/W

Tj max 175degC.

You have the part, so package dimensions are superfluous.

Metal backing on case of MDA990 is isolated to an unspecified voltage. Maximum mounting torque is 20 in.lb. for 6-32 screw thread, both packages.

This from the Motorola Semiconductor Data Library Vol.3 Series A, 1974.

RL

Reply to
legg

I have the datasheet in their 1980 Silicon Rectifier Handbook.

ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/Mot-MDA980.pdf

195k bytes or thereabouts.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Washington State resident

Reply to
Mark Zenier

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 02:11:29 -0500, "cl" put finger to keyboard and composed:

?CLASS=DIODE&SUB_CLASS=BRIDGE&ListCLASS=Diodes&offset=180

ECG/NTE parts tend to have ratings which are as good or better than the original parts. For example, a 200V part will replace a 50V part, so stocking both parts is unnecessary.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the datasheet it was exactly what I was looking for. Also, thanks to everyone else who responded.

--
Fermi
Reply to