J&P NIM modules?

I've been loaned a J&P NM III amplifier for a Nuclear Instrumentation system (NIM). I believe this is a pulse shaping amplfier but I have no manual or instructions so I don't know exactly what this module is supposed to do. Has anyone heard of J&P? The only matches I've got from google are vague references from people who mention the name as part of an experimental set-up. Any pointers to useful information would be appreciated.

--
iig.
Change "invalid" to "com" to reply by email.