What is a ay-3-8210 ???

Hi I've tried to find a datasheet, or even a pin-out of the GI AY-3-8210 IC. Has anyone got ANY information on this?? I'd be pleased if someone could at least tell me what the thing is..

best regards Rasmus

Reply to
Birkwood

Birkwood Inscribed thus:

According to Google its a remote control decoder !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Den 20-06-2010 22:59, Baron skrev:

Thanks, I tried Google before coming here, but couldn't even find that much info. What did you search for?

best regards Rasmus

Reply to
Birchenwald

Birchenwald Inscribed thus:

I just typed "AY-3-8210" and got a selection of hits. A lot are crap though.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

It is a sound IC made by GI. I think Yamaha bought out the rights and changed the marking to YM2149.

Yep, that's it :

WangoTango

the sound chip would be an ay-3-8910, not 8210

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Which I would have noticed if I could *ACTUALLY* read.

Reply to
WangoTango

there is one difference between the original GI and yamaha one. It has something to do with a clock divider pin, but I don't recall the specifics.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader