Getting matching transformer from telephone

Except of course when it has loading coils in it, and then it is something much higher.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com

Metoprolol and aspirin why? Is your inferriority getting the better of you again?

--
Keith
Reply to

s/arrogance/dung/

--
Keith
Reply to

Cable type Impedance at 1000 Hz

19NLS 470 19NLP 262 19H50P 675 16B22 806 19H245S 1882

So have you.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

Not true, as has been discussed elsewhere.

Not true, as has been shown conclusively in other posts.

That is absolutely untrue. Loading coils were not uncommon on 1/2 mile loops too! Basically whatever the design plan was for outside plant, it would be used for

*all* loops.

Well, there you go! You haven't got enough exposure to how telcom systems function to be telling anyone anything. You should be asking for help!

Then just exactly how do you think the transmitter got power in those old phones?

Do you have a clue? Do you know what the difference between "ground start" and "loop start" is?

Interestingly, the "line card" that supplies loop current, and detects hook supervision, also has a transformer. In the days of mechanical switching systems, it was for isolation only. With modern digital systems, it too is a hybrid.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

So, go on Mr Expert. Why is one *needed* ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

US trade name.

Beta blocker ! Ticker problem ? Not surprised with your temper.

Mine are MUCH more exciting ! Hopefully the physio (suspected trapped nerve) will remove the need for the opiates.

Going in for a CT on 14th Jan too btw. They're really giving me the working over this time. And all for FREE on the National Health System ! You might learn something from that. Hillary's not wrong.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

He didn't have the opportunity, as they didn't exist in his lifetime.

History's never been your strong suit has it ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The PHONES - STUPID ! Even when they bakelite, I doubt it was a good conductor of electricity.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Now we're getting to the point.

NOT needed in your average city. And certainly NOT a *transformer*.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Complete overbuild. You should see a 'BT' one made by GEC or Plessey. No such things.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

effectively

whether

Sense at last !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Which is NOT required.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You know Phil, there are times I really have to agree with you 101%.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I have found ebay to be an EXCELLENT place to shop. Many of the best deals are to be had there. Why run a shop with overheads when you can do it all online and they even provide the invoicing tools !

And I know shops who do have traditional outlets AND they sell on ebay too, often at a lower cost. Saved someone several pounds exactly that way recently in fact.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Really ?

Have you ever heard of conductors and non-conductors ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I'm laughing at YOU !

Have you NO understanding how phones work ? Apparently NOT ! Ringing voltage is around 100V AC or chopped DC. How's your matching transformer going to deal with THAT ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

with

Eeyore

In article , Eeyore scribeth thus

I seem to remember from another time that Old Floyd worked for some Alaskan phone company..

Anyways what was the original question .. seems to have fallen off the news server?...

--
Tony Sayer
Reply to

In article , Eeyore scribeth thus

Course there are misunderstandings and some terminology shift in broadcast/telecoms and all related to the way various operators used to and now do things etc at different times..

But its all good for a slanging match;)...

--
Tony Sayer
Reply to