Telephone extensions

Hello,

What is the easiest way to connect three separate telephone extensions to a BT main socket?

The BT socket is an NTE5 i.e. One half can be removed to connect extensions.

I am considering using a junction box as it is unlikely that 3 telephone extensions will all connect to the IDC terminals on the NTE5.

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

It depends on layout. You could just daisy-chain them.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

They are designed to take three lots of wires.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was told today that the standard IDC terminals on BT sockets will each reliably take 2 wires and that a third will fall out?

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

Not so - they were designed from the start for 'in' 'out' and 'spur'. But of course only if using the correct cables.

--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*