Getting matching transformer from telephone

pair

security

A slightly obscure question as to effectively (not sure if the OP realised) whether impedance or voltage matching was important. Needless to say, many IDIOTS think everything audio HAS to be 600 ohms which is an irrelevant ancient standard anyway but lingers on in the minds of the long brain-dead.

Here's the original.

" I am looking for some 1-to-1 matching transformers to connect varioua audio devices to my PC. I usually get noises and hum.

These line matching transformers are not so cheap at about £6 or 7 each.

Telephones seem to suppress line noise and hum rather well so I figure the components they use are probably of half-decent quality.

If I strip down some landline phones I 've got here, then will there be a matching transformer in each one? Or is their technology different now? "

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In article , Eeyore scribeth thus

Right..

Wonder what's he actually trying to do .. in practice?..

If he's still there?...

--
Tony Sayer
Reply to

If the National Health System was any good you would be committed for poor mental health.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Do your own homework. I've already posted a link to the 2500 series single line telephone schematic. If you are too stupid to read it, that's your problems. The 'need' was discussed in this thread, but in your typical ignorance you ignored it.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your ignorance is showing, as usual. That was the '50 plus year lead time' was for it to be invented, dumbass.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A-fib. "Temper"? There is nothing here important enough to get excited about, certainly not you.

A drugie, I suspected as much.

If you lived in the US you'd have had it done by now. CT scans aren't something rare here. There is *nothing* free in this world. You're simply taxed through the nose, to wait.

--
Keith
Reply to

Reading has never been your strong suit, eh Dumbass Donkey?

--
Keith
Reply to

It is a good place for bottom feeders to congregate, sure.

No one said bottom feeders didn't have "traditional outlets".

--
Keith
Reply to

On 30 Dec 2008 11:54:01 +0200, Tomi Holger Engdahl put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'd just like to contribute a couple of references which I found useful in the past.

This [old] document talks about complex impedances (see page 37):

International Digital Access Arrangements:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Wouldn't the correct syntax be:

s/arrogance/dung/g

?? So it replaces more than one occurance on each line??

Sed, gotta love it :-)

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Both are actually tranformers though. And, BTW, they were indeed used in "your average city".

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com

As if you had a clue.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

I've also heard of semi-conductors. But my statement still stands.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

With relative ease. Want to see another schematic? Do you need someone to explain it to you? (Get 'em Mike!)

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

GALVANIC

is

with

Astounding.

But, all I'ver ever read about it before was in things like Bell Standard Practices, and various telecom engineering texts.

Did you want me to edit the wiki page to make it more precise, or what?

--
Floyd L. Davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)              floyd@apaflo.com
Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

Freudian shlip? 'relay'? rely

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Could be. My backgound isn't DEC, rather IBM, so...

...where your version would be "c/arrogance/dung/al"l. However there was only one occurance in the post I was replying to.

;-)

Reply to
Keith

Free isn't the same as compulsory...not yet anyway...

--
GS
reverse org.microhero@graham to reply

They are still softening you up to accept it.

aioe.org, Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I will not see your messages.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

There are two kinds of people on this earth: The crazy, and the insane. The first sign of insanity is denying that you're crazy.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I thought that was what the country was doing to us by putting Obama in office.

Softening us up for the royal screwing we are in the process of getting.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever