Protel x Ares Lite

I use Protel and also Ares Lite in my projects of PCB, however I am using more you Ares Lite because Protel uses VIAS excessively and Ares Lite uses the own pins of the components to do that, most of the time. I would like to have a Program to go as good as Protel and as intelligent as Ares Lite. Does anybody know something like that? TIA Fernando

Reply to
Fernando

It looks like Pulsonix has a setting to enforce the use of component pins in stead of vias when routing.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

The Pulsonix autorouter did this anyway on a design of mine, with the default settings.

You can get the Pulsonix demo here:

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Anton, Appropriately setting your rules in Protel should limit the use of vias. i.e. limiting the vias on nets. If you don't set the rule then the autorouter is free to use as many as it wants. The via restriction rule can be found on the "High Speed" tab of the DRC. Now that said, I don't use the autorouter so I don't guarantee it's suitability for anything, although others I converse with will swear it does a pretty good job if you set it up correctly. I haven't seen it.

-- Sincerely, Brad Velander

I am using

Ares Lite uses

intelligent as