Parametric sweep of model implementation

Hi

I´m using PSpice Capture 10.3

One of my simulations on a SMPS I´m using a BJT as a switch transistor

I would like to do a parametric sweep on the circuit with two different BJTs models (lets say the transistors are BC547 and 2N2222) to determine the optimum choice of transistor

My method sofar is to use two global values in the parametric sweep (1 and 2). Then in the position of the BJT there is a subcircuit with the two BJTs with both transistors in parallel with resistors on all connections

The value of the resistors is determined by an IF command, that when the parametric value is 1 one set of resistors is 1mOhm and the other set 1Meg and vice versa.

But this is a cumbersome method. The optimal would be that Pspice would allow the implementation name to change according to the needed model but that feature is not available

So the question, do any of you guys have a better method for this problem?

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Klaus,

There is no provision for a library change in PSpice. HSpice does it with their .ALTER command.

HSpice actually reruns the simulation with changes as stated in the ..ALTER.

I've done it by concatenating .CIR files using an ordinary text editor. I've been known to concatenate as many as 32 different library corners into one simulation.

Maybe I can convince the oldest son, the programmer, to write me another utility :-)

You can also do it now with v10.3 by using the Save As command in Probe. Save a version, rerun with changes, then append the saved data.

...Jim Thompson

This is interesting. I would have though PSpice would implement something similar to what is in In TISpice, it uses rerun cards

..Reruns statments ..Rend

You just make a file with as many reruns as you like, with each rerun specifying various parameters and libraries. SS does this for parameters, but not lib, so to change a model in this way, one would have to set each parameter of the model in a rerun. SS can generate this automatically.

Oh dear..SuperSpice does this all within the GUI...

All plots of all runs are all automatic.

Or have a look at another simuater:-)

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward