PSPICE: parameter sweep - display of data

Dear Reader!

As an example I try to perform a parameter sweep of a simple voltage divider (R1 and R2 in series to a 10V DC voltage). One of the resistors shall be the parameter. The divided voltage I called Vout.

I set up circuit, assigned to one of the resistors the value {Rtune}, put the component PARM, set there the name to Rtune and assigned there also the value 30.

In the analysis setup, marked are the Bias Point and the Parametric buttons. In the Parametric options I assigned Global Parameter, Name=Rtune and set there Start Value=30, End Value=100 and Increment=2.

After starting the analysis: no error - simulatin complete. But I cannot see any possibility to make the following graph: (Vout versus Rtune) Also I didn't see how to display a data table (Vout,Rtune)

P.S: In the analysis setup, when I additionally mark the transient analysis, I can display Vout versus time, and Rtune as the parameter. But it is ugly to see horizontal lines, and time is no information in my case.

Anybody there who knows to solve this problem? Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Cordially

Thomas

Reply to
thomasfb

Thomas, You don't want to do just a vias analysis, but a DC sweep. The bias display only runs once, so doesn't do any paramater sweeping. DC sweeps do change, so you can either set up the sweep to change the parameter, or you can have the DC source sweep, and have the parameter sweep as well.

Pilot error, in other words...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Hi Charlie!

Thanks for your hint! I did additionally a DC source sweep like that: from 10V to 10V step 1V, then the program automatically plotted the output voltage versus the parameter (in my case R2).

In my humble opinion very strange. I expect a more logical approach and more direct control over what I do. Still I couldn't find any data output in table format!

Just for information: Under Linux there is a quite powerfull simulation tool called QUCS. There, one has full and intuitive control over the display. However, some features are still missing, but when they are accomplished, I am going to use it only ...

Thomas

Reply to
thomasfb

Ah, Thomas, Do you know what the expression RTFM means? 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

DC source sweep like that: from 10V to 10V step 1V,

automatically plotted the output

more direct control over what I do.

table format!

the display. However, some features are still missing,

accomplished, I am going to use it only ...

Do you know what the expression RTFM means? 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

That's why I didn't respond. I recognized the underlying ignorance ;-)

...Jim Thompson