transistor parametric data---where?

I thought it would be easy to find a compilation of transistor data listing the basic parameters (VCEmax, hFE, VCEsat, Pmax, fmax, ICEmax, etc), for at least the basic types (2Nxxxx, BCxxx). Of course most of the google results are zero-information pages from darned component brokers, but even after filtering those, I couldn't find any complete data. The best I could do was a list with decent amount of parameters but limited coverage, on

and more comprehensive list with just basic parameters at
transist.txt .

Are there other sources that I overlooked? Perhaps one can do parametric search using publicly available component libraries like LTspice?

--
		Przemek Klosowski, Ph.D.
Reply to

"przemek klosowski"

** The issue is "compilation" - since the various type numbers are made by many different makers.
** That is total bollocks.

Data sheets for a huge variety of 2N, BC and 2S numbers are easily found using Google.

However, if you want a COMPILATION covering all the above numbers in alpha-numeric order - you will have to buy a book listing such.

I have one ( 7th ed, printed in 1977 ) called the

" SEMICON International Transistor Index "

Unfortunately, it is full of silly errors and typos.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

.......... Have you tried:

? Alan

Reply to
Alan Peake

Yes, I do realize that one can find the individual datasheets. I was looking for a compilation of the data, for instance to sort it by the saturation voltage and/or by speed, to find the best switchers. It was a surprise to me---are not the standard type designators (e.g. 2N2222) supposed to refer to 'identical' parameters? and if so, I am somehow surprised that there isn't a list somewhere, just like there's a list of 74xxxx TTL chips.

Individual manufacturers (IR for instance) have parametric searches for their own product line that may even show rough pricing, but you just have to know which ones are worth searching in. This newsgroup quite often carries dialogs like "I am using the xyz part, but it doesn't do abc" "Try the uvw part, it has a higher fghi and is cheaper" which is great if someone has the answer, but is so... manual.. and even then the well-informed people are sometimes suprprised by new parts.

I could almost see a giant datasheet-scraping script that collects this information continuously into a large table on the web, but then I think of all the crazy formatting variations of datasheet tables and I snap out of it.

--
		Przemek Klosowski, Ph.D.
Reply to

There used to hard cover publications (not inexpensive) from D.A.T.A., IC Master and the popular soft-cover manuals by T.D.Towers. The latter was published in the UK by Foulsham and was probably cloned in SEAsia at a later date. These never claimed full coverage or completeness. Such clones can still be found in SE Asia, will various improvements and updates, though the use of English in their formatting is increasingly rare.

D.A.T.A and IC Master (same organization?) maintain commercial subscription web services.

Obviously, any commercial organization releasing their database into an easily 'mined' format would be putting themselves out of business, save as a source of 'updates' - an even more extreme variant of the situation for the early paper publishing situation, considering the ease of electronic format distribution.

There's no other commercially viable source for non-sales data and the educational benefits of such a database would be questionable as it describes artifacts only, in non-useful summary format.

Unless transistors become the object of commercial collectors or museums, I don't see the situation changing.

RL

Reply to
legg

Have you tried here?