OT: Heads Up, JawHorse Half Price

Went into Lowe's today to get a work light and spotted this...

Half price... I paid full price ~3 years ago :-(

One of the most useful devices I've ever bought.

...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

| 1962 |

Why do you insist on posting crap, very regularly on the newsgroups. Do you have nothing better to do? I am so sick of all your posts!

Why don't you put your head in that vice and get someone to tighten it up, it would do us all a favour.

Reply to
Shaun

I wonder why people read things they're not interested in, and then complain. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I have no idea. Shaun apparently showed his true self some time ago, because he was automatically kill-filed. Probably some dick-head who subscribes to the "math and simulation are crutches" theory of engineering, but can't even do a proper solder joint. Besides he can't properly spell favor ;-) ...Jim Thompson

...snip... I have no idea. Shaun apparently showed his true self some time ago, because he was automatically kill-filed. Probably some dick-head who subscribes to the "math and simulation are crutches" theory of engineering, but can't even do a proper solder joint. Besides he can't properly spell favor ...Jim Thompson

uh, that's the king's English version, but still, seems rather bad behaviour for someone raised in that genre.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Probably some dick-head who

Jim, it seems like you and John could get along a little better, and stop making little digs at each other. He has a fine company that builds some very complicated instruments. As I understand it, you design IC circuits, that also is a very complicated device. In your case I would think a simulator is so much more important because you have a tougher time building a prototype. In either case, I don't see how math is a crutch. John behave! Jim behave! Have a nice day, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Well we don't believe in kings here, kings can change laws by decree and, ah well, never mind. Sorry, I was thinking we didn't have a king. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I have offered the olive branch multiple times, stood back quietly, and ultimately got stabbed again by the shit-head. ...Jim Thompson

I'm of Scot ancestry... we have a special "relationship" with the "king" >:-} ...Jim Thompson

John, Jim is offering an olive branch in a crouched sort of way. Will you agree to play nice and have cookies and milk with Jim? We can agree to work on Jim's name calling later. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Cookies and milk ?

I'd prefer Crab Cakes and Wine (*) myself ;-)

(*) Like a nice Pinot Gris ? ...Jim Thompson

No true Scotsman ever forgets that Edi Aman was the last King of Scotland. ;) After the United Kingdom broke off all diplomatic relations with his regime in 1977, Amin declared he had defeated the British and conferred on himself the decoration of CBE (Conqueror of the British Empire). His full self-bestowed title ultimately became: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", in addition to his officially stated claim of being the uncrowned King of Scotland.

Don Kuenz
Reply to
Don Kuenz

I use mine in conjunction with a water pick set at maximum to interrogate prisoners.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.
Reply to

power

knows

belts

You either caught a sale or a mismark. Diablo is a good brand.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Here's another heads-up at 1/3 the regular price.

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

But only $169 at Lowe's...

If I needed a ladder I'd buy one... except I'm trying to figure out where to store my existing ladder assortment in the new house...

5' step 8' step 12' step 10'+10' extension

In the melee of hanging chandeliers I did buy this...

And I just bought 1', 2' & 3' extensions for my T-Jak ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I was going to buy one but that link doesn't work.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

The link works this morning but didn't last night. However it says $189. It must be sensitive to location.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

How water resistant are they? Is this something that will survive being left out in the elements for weeks at a go?

Reply to
default

It's all aluminum, so probably. You could use a tarp.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Maybe. Someone experienced that with the Jawhorse. Of course, everything is more expensive in New York ;-) ...Jim Thompson