Repairing clogged print heads

Depends on the printer brand/model. Some have easily removable heads, some don't. For the first category just revove the heads and soak the nozzles (NOT the entire head) in a bit of alcohol. For the second category, soak a paper towel with alcohol and press it firmly into the nozzle surface, and let it sit for a few hours.

But clogs can occur as often or more often elsewhere in the ink supply chain, such as where the supply tubes feed into the cartridges, or even entire portions of the tubes can get clogged if air is introduced for long periods of time.

Reply to
Mark M

On the Epsons, I fill a syringe with 99% alcohol, remove the cartridge, and shoot the alcohol down the print nozzle. This almost instantaneously removes the clog. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

I've tried heating up isopropyl rubbing alcohol in a drinking glass in a microwave. I use just enough alcohol to cover the bottom of an HP 26 or 29 cartridge. I have to tell you that I have never achieved longlasting results with HP cartridges. I can refill and restore Canon black cartridges such as theBC-03 (I think) easily, but the HP's have been nothing but an exercise in futility.

Reply to
Beloved Leader

I come across many printers with internal heads or semi removable/interchangable heads (such as canon) which are not printing anymore due to extreme clogging (often from not being used in a long time. Many of those would be useful if i could salvage the heads. What would be the best way to unclog them? Suggestions welcome.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Unsurprisingly, this is a 'hardy perennial' topic in comp.periphs.printers

Groups.google will find you innumerable relevant threads, re almost any make/model and particularly Epson, many actually helpful ...

--
Peter Duck
Reply to