Netlist Extractor and LVS

Hello,

I developed a netlist extractor and a layout vs. schematic (LVS) application.

It is very early in it's development, but it is functional.

The netlist extractor takes a LEF file with all of its geometries and converts it into a netlist that consists of transistors and connections.

The lvs application takes two netlists ( one extracted from a geometry file, and one from a design schematic) and compares them. If the two netlists match, you know that your design is properly implemented in the layout.

I plan on making the extractor and lvs application a more robust and distributed application using PVM.

Right now it's not fancy, so if your looking for a nice GUI or something to use in a production environment, you might want to look somewhere else. And I have only tested it on Linux.

If anyone is interested in the code, you can find it here:

If you are interested in the code and have questions or comments please feel free to contact me via my website.

Thanks, Erik Lechak

Reply to
Erik

I'm not a software developer, I'm a circuit designer, so I have no interest in your code.

However! I'm VERY MUCH INTERESTED in a final product that can compare netlists... particularly useful if you can handle both flat and hierarchical representations.

...Jim Thompson