M/S connector pin extractor?

--
If you can positively identify the connector (instead of "The
identifying number for the connector may be ...)

I\'ll provide you with the nomenclature for the tool and, if you
like, sell you one.
Reply to
John Fields

I have to change a pin in a metal-shell circular connector. So, I'm looking for a hand extraction (/insertion) tool. The identifying number for the connector may be 'MS 3116 22-55'. I've found AMP p/n

91067-2, but people with more familiarity think that's for something else (maybe a CPC?).

Anyway, I would appreciate any information on this matter. I would provice more detail, if that would help.

TIA, George

Reply to
George

The KPT series connectors are ITT Cannon products. Download the spec from their web site at

It should contain just about all the info you need to buy the connectors, pins and sockets, crimping and insertion/removal tooling. There are cross references on the web for tooling from various manufacturers. Daniels Manufacturing is a well known source for mil-spec connector tooling.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

The only number(s) I find on the connector I have are stamped in the locking ring: 7815 KPTM06B22-558. I don't see any vendor ID. The 'MS

3116' number came from a spec for the equipment that this mates to, as in "Connector shall intermate with MS 3116 ..."

George

Reply to
George

The Daniels site is very helpful. Thank you.

George

Reply to
George