Need a Polar Plot Extractor

Been ages since I had to manually tabulate an antenna pattern (paper version). Is there any software out there that will let me mouse-over the pattern while display-zoomed on my screen, and keep a running record of the data?

I found some candidates for standard XY graphs, but nothing that could handle polar coordinates.

Surely somebody has been here / done that. I'd rather not re-invent the wheel. I just want to click, and measure (record). I can smooth it out later in post.

I only have about 10 patterns to digitize. Thanks!!

Reply to
mpm

Not sure, there may be means to re-overlay the polar coordinates in a proper scaled fasion after digitization.

Reply to
JosephKK

In Rhino3D, you scan in your plot as a bitmap then: View > Background Bitmap > Place

You can scale and move your bitmap plot to any convenient size and location.

Zoom to any portion of your bitmap plot and place points or draw polylines to capture the pattern. Print to hardcopy or capture your screen image as a bitmap or export the data:

If you use 'points' rather than polylines to capture the pattern, you can convert those points to rectangular array locations:

File > Save As > Points File (.txt)

Use your programming - fu to convert this rectangular array to a polar array if you require.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston