Mentor Expedition: EDIF import

Only if you get lucky. EDIF was created by a committee of developers of competing CAD programs. Thus NO ONE follows the _standard_ :-(

...Jim Thompson

If you have a cooperative person on the Mentor side, have him generate an EDIF for you to study.

...Jim Thompson

I can generate an EDIF netlist of my design. I would like to send this to a third party which are using Mentor Expedition. Is this possible?

Petter

-- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

Reply to
newsmail5

I can manipulate the EDIF and add attributes etc. if I know what kinds of structures and attributes are required by Expedition, or if this is possible at all.

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Come to think of it I already have a sample EDIF file from Expedition, maybe I'll just ask if it works to import it into a fresh project to verify that it works before I start generating such a beast...

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

There is an EDIF parser - checker - on the EDIF organizations' web site.

I found it very helpful.

Regards,

James Jackson Oztronics

Reply to
James Jackson

Oh.

I guess I didn't realize that EDIF was that simple to parse and verify the syntax to the EDIF 2 0 0 (or EDIF 3 0 0) standards.

Regards,

James Jacks>

:input)

Reply to
James Jackson

Thank you for your tip. However, an EDIF parser is extreme simple, especially when written in Common Lisp:

(with-open-file (s (make-pathname :name "test" :type "edif") :direction :input) (read s))

:-)

Petter

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.