Light Bulb "Medium Base"

I'm having a senior moment (I'm entitled, 12 days to the big 7-0)...

Is a Light Bulb "Medium Base" a _standard_ ordinary, everyday light bulb base? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You bet Jim!

From Wikipedia: a.. candelabra: E12 North America, E11 in Europe a.. intermediate: E17 North America, E14 (SmallES) in Europe a.. medium or standard: E26 (MES) in North America, E27 (ES) in Europe a.. mogul: E39 North America, E40 (GoliathES) in Europe

Jon

--
Hmmm...

I just did 72 on the 2nd, but I thought your next wasn't for a couple of
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Time flies when you're having fun... DOB: 02/29/1940 (so I'm only 17.5 ;-)

03/31/2010: 50th Wedding Anniversary... the teen marriage "destined to fail" (I was 20, "N" was 18 ;-) ...Jim Thompson
 Click to see the full signature

Finally found a "specification"...

"Medium", aka E26, is 26mm base thread diameter

Had some weird 11W small bulb standard-looking base thread in the BBQ lighting.

Found only "medium" base listings... which apparently, in the USA, is also called "standard" and "Edison". ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Wasn't Edison that snarky kid in your Electricity 101 class?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Jim was the TA.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yep, But not "snarky", we called him "sparky" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Bunch of kids...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Edison who? You mean the guy that FAILED 1000 times?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Screw sizes? You mean short VS tall or flat VS curvy?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Most inventors fail A LOT before they arrive at their solutions.

The fact that you confuse his "failure count" with failures in life, as it were, tells the group a bit about your attitude toward him... or us.

Reply to
life imitates life

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

as

.

How old is this nymshifter nymnal and what is his actual experience?

Reply to
Greegor

Yes, I immediately thought of 'Edison base' as the US standard lamp base. A good resource of lamp information is Bulbtronics

We use them at the shop as a source for scientific lamps (Hg and Xe arc lamps).

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Don't touch them! (no, it is not a disco song)

Reply to
life imitates life

"life imitates life" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Just to clarify- You mean don't touch the arc lamps? Don't think you meant anything against Bulbtronics. They've always done well by me.

Reply to
Oppie

Why do you time flies? Sounds rather boring to me! ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Seems I'm on an express train... blink and I've missed a month ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Was that predicted by both your parents, or just hers? :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Both. The mother-in-law suggested waiting one more day ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature