Labor is back in

and for those interested in politics, Labor is back.

Cheers Don...

=================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Maybe. Until all the seats are declared I would not be so sure.

In any case, we will not know until the first no confidence vote call which can not happen until parliament resumes in November.

Reply to
terryc

Just for a very short time it will be impossible for them to govern

--
Reply to
atec77

So, when given the toss of the ball, will Tony be wise or silly?

Reply to
terryc

what exactly are you asking ?

--
Reply to
atec77

I was sort of disappointed with the way Tony Windsor based his decision finally on the NBN . .

Does that mean every farmer in his electorate will be visited by a thin blue fibre optic cable?

On the otherhand, it's better for the Libs to wait, as IMO Julia has got the poisoned chalice.

Reply to
z1

Silly bloody thing to base the decision on although they were correct if the libs had taken this decision a few months and they would go for gold now its a matter when labouring grabs failure with both hands

--
Reply to
atec77

On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:39:26 +1000, Don McKenzie put finger to keyboard and composed:

Let's hope the independents do what Don Chipp's DemoBastards failed to do.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

And time will tell for how long.

Reply to
Rod Speed

More fool you, none will change now unless there is another legal challenge that affects the result and thats unlikely.

There's unlikely to be one soon, because the 'independants' have a problem funding a new election.

Its more likely to come unstuck with something like one of the current members ending up dead etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

z1 wrote

finally on the NBN . .

He didnt, that was just the usual polical bullshit for why he did what he did.

fibre optic cable?

Nope, he has already said that even the smaller hamlets wont get the NBN and shouldnt.

poisoned chalice.

We'll see...

Reply to
Rod Speed

Franc Zabkar wrote

Not a chance, you watch.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Well duh you obvious cockspank

--
Reply to
atec77

and - unfortunately - for the rest of us too.

Reply to
who where

Don't count your megabits yet, I doubt it will ever get finished. The NBN will also be back on the agenda at the next election. By the time Australia Jumps to Fibre everywhere, the rest of the world will be using sub-space relays.

Reply to
son of a bitch

Will she or will she not have them all out walking and doing a circuit of the lake before breakfast to try and stave that off.

Then again, they might win the bye election.

Reply to
terryc

Unless they have a rural version of the street distribution method, unlikely. Could just be an affordable sat link, or even more/higher wireless towers for a wireless connection.

Not a lot of evidence of the ability all round to adapt their mindset, so quite possibly. OTOH, if Tony just plays the obstructionist hand and brings them down, he could just as likely cause his own downfall from a P'd off electorate.

Reply to
terryc

and found a source of infinite energy....

Reply to
terryc

Don Chipp only came up with "keep the bastards honest" after having a dummy split and leaving his own party, just like 3/4 independents.

Reply to
terryc

son of a bitch wrote

Bet it is.