Broadband piezo x'ducers

Can anyone recommend a commercial supplier, and application data, for broadband piezo transducers?

IOW those operable in non-resonant mode to emit a wide range of frequencies. I am particularly interested in the audio range upward to several tens of KHz.

Best regards,

Dorris henley

Reply to
Dorris Henley

Brüel & Kjaer should have what you need.

Best regards Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Buehler

Hello Dorris,

I don't know much about the kHz range since I usually design in the MHz range. I had excellent experience with this company:

There are many others. Google for PZT or PZT-5H suppliers and then ask them for low frequency materials. Also, check the very large ceramic parts manufacturers such as Murata. I don't know if they supply wideband stuff though.

Just a word about PZT and other ceramics: All transducers have a resonant frequency and that is (usually) determined by their thickness. How broad the usable band is depends on many factors, one being your circuitry. IOW you or an engineer in your company needs to really understand this stuff. Or hire someone who does ;-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg