broadband filters?

Hello, New to the group. Quick question regarding low pass/ filters/traps.

In our area, they installed broadband, but still offer anaolg cable. In a ploy to get us to subscribe to digital cable ontop of the BB, the guys I talked with say they don't offer a filter to help block the spurious noise seen on the analog TV's while the kids are on the net .

They used to have "Pico" and "Eagle" traps to prevent premium channels in the old analog system, but do they have something for the Digital isolation?

It's been too long since school and the gray matter is slightly malfunctioning in the area of RF.

Any and all help is appreciated,

Walt

Reply to
wwwgator

Maybe, maybe not. The way I understand cable broadband (Google DOCSIS for details) is that the companies can allocate channels to analog or broadband quite flexibly. If they have gone and stuffed a broadband channel adjacent to analog TV channel, one could design a filter to block the interference. But you'd have to know what the channel layout is first.

ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.