Google search, now Google video problems

Probably not on-topic for here, but since there was so much help with Google search, thought I would try.

Am having trouble getting some long videos to load, they will buffer

1-3 minutes of video then just sit there, and not download anymore. Have tried the "saving as an Ipod video" option and several "video download from Google" programs on the net - but all have the same effect. You get a few minutes and then it stops downloading. Same happens on either Firefox or IE browser and on 2 different computers we have here.

Anyone got any idea of a solution for this - or is google just having more bugs ?

This is one example.

kreed

I ran that stream for ten minutes of Russian soapie, and by this time there was 20 minutes more already buffered.

The file was streaming at 75 to 80kB/S with no breaks or slowdowns at this rate....AAPT 1500/256.

Suggest you get onto your provider and get them to pedal a bit harder.

Reply to
Fun Tyme

I ran it for about 5 minutes, and it was buffering well in advance, so I an only agree with ft

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Thanks for the help on this one.

No matter what I have tried, it seems to stop at about 2-3 minutes approximately, and it will not buffer, or play beyond that. often says "transferring data from google video" and at other times just "done".

The same happens with trying to download by any means, after anything from 1-4 mb it just says "done" and stops. Using Free download manager, it just restarts the download every few minutes. Speed is good and varies from 27-52kB sec.

I can only assume now that its a problem with my ISP or Modem/router setup ? Im with Comcen/spin 512 ADSL.

cards.http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659

products.http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654

Reply to
kreed

OK, I have Optus cable, so it cold make a very big difference.

Don...