Re: Jaycar fathers day flyer

[snip]
> >It's a shame that Gary Johnston and Bruce Routley have to resort to selling >> >so much of the shit that Altronics brings into the country via Jack >> >O'Donnell's Chinese business connections. 8-) It's worse than Dick Smith >> >being, as most people know, just another arm of the Woolworths supermarket >> >chain these days. That's saying something! >> >> >But I guess the idea is that most of it gets shifted through the Gadget >> >Central outlets and the 'left over' will be sold through the real Jaycar >> >stores and via the online ordering system. Perhaps the crazy Asian tourists >> >will buy a heap of the gadget garbage and take it back with them to get rid >> >of it out of Australia... One can only hope.. >> >> I went into Jaycar the other day to buy a 12V fan. The store was >> packed with people and kids looking at and purchasing the 'Junk'. >> There was about 2 people looking at electronics gear. I would estimate >> the ratio to be at 1:15. So I guess Jaycar is being smart. They still >> sell the electronics, do you get that at Tandy and DSE? You should be

Our local Tandy store sells Tandy, DSE, and Jaycar stuff. I can't say I've noticed any of that toy crap stuff in there. But they do have a wall full of digital cameras and phones. :-)

Because they wanted to continue servicing the local computer market for requisites and peripherals, they stayed with Tandy/DSE when most of the other Tandy outlets in FNQ went over to some other chain.

> glad that the have supplemented a dying industry with a way to make >> money. Jaycar should be praised that they still sell electronics. If >> they dont get customers through the door, they wont make money. If >> they dont make money, the doors close. Then what? No electronics for you.

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerkDELETE@THISyahoo.com.INVALID
Reply to

Tandy = DSE.

Reply to
Klokmeester

[snip]

Close, but no cigar as far as our local store goes. There still seem to be subtle differences in the way they handle things like catalogues and specials from "Tandy" and "DSE". But I take your point in the general context of ownership of the brands.

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerkDELETE@THISyahoo.com.INVALID
Reply to
Phred

I haven't seen a Tandy specific catalogue or specials in years so I can't comment there but the product line is identical. We could look at Tandy store stocks from our POS and vice-versa so internally at least there was no difference. There are still a few independant agents for Tandy and DSE in some regions I think, and they may stock other items.

Reply to
Klokmeester

Okay. I think that's what we've got here. That would explain it.

Cheers, Phred.