Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!

Boring troll is boring. ZZZzzz...

-- E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter. I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.

JR

Reply to
Jolly Roger

if *you* were the product manager, what would *you* do, given that batteries age and there's no getting around that?

Reply to
nospam

except that the batteries are not degrading prematurely, nor is apple trying to avoid warranty replacements. that's just ludicrous.

in fact, apple is well known for replacing/repairing devices *out* of warranty for no charge. it's not a given, but it happens more often than one might expect.

Reply to
nospam

It had nothing to do with avoiding the warranty. Period.

Reply to
BK

You are an adult. Notice that the Apple Apologists will always claim the opposite of what a normal adult claims.

Why? I don't know why.

I just know that's what they do.

  • Jolly Roger (who claims all truths are lies)
  • nospam (who tells you only to read what Apple Marketing writes!)
  • Savageduck (who can only high-five what the others claim)
  • BK onRamp (who hasn't ever added one iota of technical value yet) etc.

Bear in mind, these Apple Apologists are not normal adults so when you try to reason with them, they try to drive you nuts will their clever contortions.

You're seeing them work you in action as we speak.

Reply to
Harry Newton

Notice the absurd claims of the Apple Apologists.

They can't even believe their own claims.

And yet they make them.

Reply to
Harry Newton

Notice that these Apple Apologists make claims that even they can't possibly believe if they're normal adults.

Reply to
Harry Newton

Notice that it was *secret*, *permanent*, and *drastic*, but, of course, to the Apple Apologists, it had nothing to do with the warranty.

One has to wonder if the Apple Apologists can possibly believe their own words.

Reply to
Harry Newton

What I would do is figure out the problem, and then figure out a remedy.

I would propose to Apple Marketing two solutions and let them pick:

  1. Secretly, permanently, and drastically throttle CPU speeds, hoping nobody notices the subterfuge, or,
  2. Openly admit fault & replace the defective phones with a trade in to a re-designed phone when that redesigned phone is designed.

I'd let Apple Marketing pick the solution (since they are admittedly one of the best marketing organizations in the world).

Reply to
Harry Newton

Have you *ever* posted any on-topic technical value to a thread?

Reply to
Harry Newton

Yep, you just ignore those posts.

Sad, old foolish troll. You're fooling nobody.

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

Actually, he's doing an excellent job on Rickman.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Touche!

JR
Reply to
Jolly Roger

Adults have a knack for intelligent conversation that you Apple Apologists haven't progressed to yet.

Reply to
Harry Newton

My point is that the user experience wasn't impacted until *after* the discovery. Only then did people go, "Oh yeah. My phone /is/ slowing down." Post hoc discovery is hard to trust.

I don't think there's any evidence that batteries were degrading prematurely on a large scale.

Reply to
Chris

Eventually all batteries do that. How the batteries are (mis)used controls how soon that happens.

I can't imagine you're suggesting that all worn out batteries be replaced for free, so where would *you* draw the line?

Reply to
Chris

Please stop feeding the Troll. There is no discussion (or conversation) to be had here. This horse is dead, skinned, quartered, flayed, flensed, rendered and jerked - and was so since the very first post on the subject.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

p.s.: I expect Jimmy Neutron will re-constitute itself as a new alias any moment now, as it has pretty much used this one up. So, please be aware and do not respond to the next iteration.

Reply to
pfjw

I understood that this was a problem with the particular batteries originally used in the iPhone 6 (or whichever one(s) it was) and that newer batteries were expected have a longer life before their internal resistance increases enough to cause problems.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
Reply to

Well yes of course the CPU gets throttled to prevent overheating.

Apple is throttling because the batteries seem to age in a way that makes them incapable of powering the device properly at full speed and the device then crashes and unexpectedly reboots or locks up.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
Reply to

all types of throttling count.

all batteries age that way.

unless the device actively manages power to avoid it, there is a risk of shutdown.

A number of Nexus 6P owners have reported an alarming battery problem with their phones as of Android 7.0 being released for the handset, which causes the phone to power down when the battery gauge still shows anywhere from 10 to 60% battery remaining. ... Interestingly, it seems the problem is most common in very cold climates. These are where we see reports of phones dying at upwards of 60% battery remaining indicated, which is obviously completely ridiculous.

Reply to
nospam