how to select whihc is better embedded Linux OS for MPC82xx processor?

Guys:

We are going with MPC82xx processor based hardware, can somebody suggest how to select which is better embedded OS for this hardware, what are the main factors we can see to select this OS, appreciated for inputs. Thanks.

GS.

Reply to
GS

you can use montavista embedded Linux. It already has MPC82xx support.

Reply to
manishrma

Any idea what is the response time, also howmuch memory footprint it occupies to select Flash size, also can we go jffs2 or yaffs based file system, anotherthings is any royalties per unit sold (we might these units to some customers as reference design - any rolalty they have to pay when they buy this unit).

Thanks, GS.

Reply to
GS